Lead Web Developer
Globe Electric Labs – 5050 Rue Paré, Montréal, QC H4P 1P3 -- Near Metro Namur
Are you passionate about clean code and powerful e-commerce applications? Are you looking for an opportunity to build & ship code that will impact people and move products?
We are looking for an exceptional developer to help us create, develop and ship great user experiences.
In a uniquely open studio environment, we aim to inspire innovation and imagination from every single team member. Our commitment is to our consumers, partners, associates, and our product. We strive to do our best every day, and we feed off each other’s positive energy!
You will be working with a strong team of talented co-workers, analysts and designers on a cutting edge technology stack that aims to change the home goods ecommerce landscape. You will be planning, strategizing and implementing solutions that deliver a unique user experience at scale.
- 3+ years of professional web development experience
- Strong understand the core principles of OO design and development and how to apply them in a highly scaled environment. Must understand design patterns like MVC
- Expert-level knowledge of PHP. Bonus: frameworks like Laravel, CodeIgniter
- Expert-level knowledge of CSS: media queries, frameworks like Boostrap. Bonus: SASS and/or LESS
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with versioning tools: GIT, SVN
- Experience with DevOps: comfortable configuring and maintaining the stack
- Proficiency in performance metrics tools
- Experience with Confluence and Jira, Magento is a plus.
You are An Engineer:
- Comfortable taking ownership of your work
- A team player with stellar communication skills
- A no-task too small mentality
- An organization freak with prior experience in agile development methodology
- Known for having a solid eye for detail and a great taste for aesthetics
- A user experience junkie, possessing strong and well-formed opinions on what constitutes a great user experience
Some benefits and perks of working at Globe Electric:
- Health /Dental
- Flexible vacation policy
- Delicious Free Coffee
- Team oriented environment
- Free daily fresh fruit
- Weekly Yoga or other activities
- Team outings
- Unique company culture
Send us your CV, a list of any interesting side projects and your github/bitbucket repository. We would love to know what you have been working on!