Criteo is a leading global technology company that specializes in performance display advertising.
About the job:
- Gather and analyze data, identify key prediction/classification problems, devise solutions and build prototypes
- Contribute to the exploration and creation of new scientific understanding
- Initiate and propose unique and promising modeling projects, develop new and innovative algorithms and technologies, pursuing patents where appropriate
- Stay current on published state-of-the-art algorithms and competing technologies
- Maintain world-class academic credentials through publications, presentations, external collaborations and service to the research community
- Develop high-performance algorithms for precision targeting, test and implement the algorithms in scalable, product-ready code
- Research and investigate academic and industrial data mining, machine learning and modeling techniques to apply to our specific business cases
- Interact with other teams to define interfaces and understand and resolve dependencies
- Oversee the creation of detailed technical documents, participate in academic conference, publish research papers
- Understand and mold the product direction by contributing innovative ideas, specifically as a result of data mining and experimental data modeling
- Graduate or Postdoc experience with large data research projects
- Knowledge of Hadoop programming environments (e.g. Pig, Hive).
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics or related area, MS degree is considered in exceptional cases
- Experience with traditional as well as modern statistical learning techniques, including:
- Support Vector Machines; Regularization Techniques; Boosting, Random Forests, and other Ensemble Methods.
- Strong implementation experience with high-level languages, such as R, Python, Perl, Ruby, Scala or similar scripting languages.
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix/Shell environments.
- Strong hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data.
- Experience with end-to-end modeling projects emerging from research efforts
- Excellent academic or industrial track record of proposing, conducting and reporting results of original research, plus collaborative research with publications
- Strong communication skills both written and oral. This role is expected to articulate and gain acceptance of proposals.
Criteo, the global leader in scalable personalized retargeting solutions, is growing their U.S. Operation and looking for aggressive and motivated professionals with varying levels of experience to be an integral part of our continued success.