Talan is a French consulting firm with more than 1000 consultants worldwide, and locations on four continents (seven countries).
We specialize in IT Support and Development, as well as the redesign of business processes. Our NY team consists of 25 young technology professionals working at our client sites in Manhattan. Talan offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with an atmosphere of team spirit, collaboration, and fun. The successful candidate will join our US subsidiary, and will be detached to our client site.
Our client’s Electronic Market Making team is seeking a motivated team player with effective problem-solving and communication skills to join their dedicated support team. The successful candidate will be responsible for understanding, extending, monitoring, and troubleshooting a complex, proprietary trading platform.
The responsibilities of the Market Access Support team include but are not limited to the following:
- Operate, administer and extend a +500 live servers platform, built with state-of-the-art and low latency technologies, connected to more than 40 Trading Venues, and processing from 10 to 30 million orders per day and a vast amount of financial information in real time;
- Provide timely resolution of highly technical and specific user issues and requests;
- Monitor performances, fine-tune processes, and manage capacity planning to be consistent with the low latency expectation;
- Manage high performing in-house order routing, feed handlers, pre-trade checks and trade reporting services;
- Provide support to more than 100 US traders operating various strategies on a wide range of assets;
- Work closely with Exchanges and Trading Venues to manage implementation of new services;
- Collaborate with worldwide IT departments;
- Implement new Market Access solutions for business initiatives;
Our ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience in the finance industry along with:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or a related field
- Industry experience in electronic trading systems utilized in investment banking with a broad understanding of order flows, market data, and market connectivity
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux system administration, including troubleshooting techniques and scripting languages (Perl, Shell, Python)
- Basic knowledge in networking (TCP/IP, routing, multicast)
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- The capacity to solve problems in a high pressure environment, prioritize critical tasks, and learn on the fly
- Results oriented, highly flexible, team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, focus on key topics and messages
The following skills are strongly desired but not required
- Advance knowledge of Exchanges, trading and compliance rules
- ITIL awareness
- Windows: maintain jobs, check network or shared drives, analyze memory
- Database: MSSQL, Sybase, MySQL, be able to do simple queries
Talan’s offices are located in Flat Iron district, right in the center of Manhattan.
Our company benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Three weeks of paid vacation per year at hire and up to 5 weeks according to seniority
- Eight paid holidays
- Company health insurance plan
- Other benefits such as sick and personal days, transit benefits.