Talan USA is the American subsidiary of Talan, French consulting firm with more than 2000 employees worldwide, and locations on eight countries (four continents).
In 2017 and for the 3rd consecutive year, Talan has been recognized with the “Great Place to Work” award. Talan USA offers employees a dynamic work environment, growth opportunities and a competitive compensation package, including a generous paid time off, health plans and 401K plan.
Each Talan consultant join one of our two divisions: IT Consulting or Business Consulting and will be working at our client sites. Our success is measured by both our employees and clients’ satisfaction, which is our priority.Context
We’re looking for a market access application Support/DevOps analyst for one of our clients, a major Hedge Fund in high frequency trading.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operate, administer and extend a 500 live servers platform, built with state-of-the-art and low latency technologies, connected to more than 40 Trading Venues, and processing from 10 to 30 million orders per day and a vast amount of financial information in real time;
- Provide timely resolution of highly technical and specific user issues and requests;
- Monitor performances, fine-tune processes and manage capacity planning to be consistent with the low latency expectation;
- Manage high performing in-house order routing, feed handlers, pre-trade checks and trade reporting services;
- Provide support to traders operating various strategies on a wide range of assets;
- Work closely with Exchanges and Trading Venues to manage implementation of new services;
- Collaborate with worldwide IT departments;
- Implement new Market Access solutions for business initiatives;
Technical Skill Set:
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux system administration including troubleshooting techniques
- Scripting languages (notion in Python is requirement, Shell, Perl, Korn are a plus)
- Experience with FIX protocol
- Basic knowledge in networking (TCP/IP, routing, multicast)
- Windows: maintain jobs, check network or shared drives, analyze memory
- Database: MySQL be able to do simple queries
Required Education and Experience:
- 3 to 15 years’ experience in a Front office and support environment
- Be passionate, determined, and have intellectual curiosity
- Capacity to solve problems in a high-pressure environment, prioritize critical tasks and learn on the fly
- Results oriented, highly flexible, team player
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively
- Have the flexibility to experiment with novel solutions and the determination to test assumptions and conventional methods
- Have a thorough understanding of what client service is and a strong commitment to ensure they provide solid client service
Talan’s offices are located in Union Square, right in the center of Manhattan.
Our company benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Three weeks of paid vacation per year at hire and up to 5 weeks according to seniority (annual untaken vacation days are cashed out)
- Eight paid holidays
- Company health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Other benefits such as sick and personal days, transit benefits and perks.