As a Mobile Architect at EF Labs you will work as part of a team to deliver the next generation of English teaching and learning solutions on tablet and mobile devices - this is a chance to build software that really matters and changes people's lives.
As a blended iOS and Android team, this is an excellent opportunity to lead and cross-train a multi platform team. As you are already experienced with both iOS and Android then this is a rare opportunity to work on both platforms simultaneously.
We welcome international applicants while asking potential candidates to note that we are looking for a senior architect.
- Provide technical leadership through directing, supporting and providing best practice guidelines for the core EF Labs Mobile team.
- Ensure consistency in use of frameworks and guidelines across multiple projects/teams
- Help evaluate, interview and mentor mobile software engineers
- Consolidate and coordinate back-end development & architecture for mobile projects, taking requirements from multiple product teams into consideration.
- Develop and deploy iOS based applications using Swift and C++; and/or Android based applications using Java and the Android SDK.
- Work collaboratively or in isolation as the situation demands.
- Design, develop and test complete applications and also discrete components of larger apps.
- Interface with remote and distributed data sources and APIs
- Troubleshoot, optimize and performance tune.
- Work closely with the Product, UX, QA, Academic staff and the rest of the mobile team, to continually improve the development process and the product quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Master degree is desirable, but will waive this requirement entirely if you have significant and applicable real world experience.
- At least 4 years experience writing apps for mobile platforms, at least 10 years experience in the software industry
- A demonstrable track record of published and successful applications, preferably with millions of users
- Solid understanding of Cocoa/UIKit frameworks and the iOS SDK and/or the Android SDK.
- Proficiency in the Xcode tool chain and/or experience with building Android projects from the command line with Ant or via Eclipse.
- Exposure to Agile methodologies.
- Solid experience of object-oriented design and modern programming techniques.
- Demonstrable algorithm/data structure and problem solving skills.
- A passion for technology and innovation.
- Applications released on the iTunes App Store or Android Marketplace/Google Play.
- Experience with real-time graphics and advanced rendering techniques (i.e. Open GL ES).
- Experience with building advanced User Interfaces.
- Knowledge of server side web application development.
- A robust sense of humour is always nice (and probably essential).