Rentalcars.com is the world’s largest online car rental reservation agency - arranging over 4.5million rentals a year in more than 24,000 locations worldwide.
As a part of Priceline we are a member of the world’s leading and most valuable travel group. Other group companies include: Booking.com the world's leading online hotel reservations agency, Priceline.com, Agoda.com and Kayak.com. Priceline group is a publicly traded company (Nasdaq: PCLN) and was ranked in Fortune's 7 fastest growing technology companies in 2013 as well as being one of Fortunes most admired companies.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a fantastic company in Manchester City Centre on a permanent basis to work in the internal web marketing team. The Data Reporting Analyst will use SQL and Excel to extract data and format results to answer key issues for the team.
You will play a key role in supporting the marketing managers to help make better decisions and make a direct impact on strategy.
This is a brand new role joining a high performing and high profile team within the business. It’s a role with lots of responsibility where your work will have a direct impact on day-to-day business performance.
- Write complex SQL code to extract data across multiple databases.
- Design and develop reports using Excel.
- Perform detailed analysis on data.
- Work closely with IT departments to identify and source data points, and create meaningful insight to aid decision making
- Present data to management in a clear and concise way and have a clear impact on company decisions.
- Support budgeting & forecasting processes
- Suggest extensions/improvements to tasks or entirely new ideas to help drive the strategic direction of the team.
- Improve and automate a number of daily activities to help improve productivity of the team.
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least a 2.1 degree in an analytical field such as Maths, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science.
- At least 2 years work experience.
- Expert ability to write custom SQL code (either SQL Server or MY SQL.)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills.
- Good analytical skills from identification through to solution.
- Good organisation skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to review personal performance and improve where required.
- Ability to work with and influence others in a close team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to adjust to a flexible schedule to accommodate rapidly changing priorities in a fast paced team.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and not be constantly guided.
- High level of self-motivation and determination.