BJSS is an award-winning delivery-focused IT consultancy with over 20 years’ software delivery and IT advisory experience.
We are renowned for technical excellence, cost-effective delivery, and our proven BJSS Enterprise Agile approach. Founded in 1993, BJSS operates offices and project centres across the UK and USA and has established a global reputation for the highest-quality software delivery that keeps us busy on some of the most exciting projects. Our clients include some of the world’s largest companies, including investment banks, retail banks, government departments, retailers and commodity traders.
Working at BJSS is a great experience. Working on pioneering technology, we frequently find ourselves developing challenging software on large and complex enterprise systems, and winning many awards along the way.
BJSS believes in investing in our employees, to nurture their ambitions of becoming the best software engineers possible. If you want to surround yourself with strong technical people with a passion for technology and a deep-rooted focus on delivering quality, then BJSS is the place for you!Are you the .NET Developer we're looking for?
Our software development practice is a growing and evolving part of the business that offers the opportunity to work with diverse technologies. This is a role for a creative and innovative developer eager to deliver a wide range of quality solutions to a broad spectrum of clients. You'll have direct access to our clients and act as a subject matter expert within the development space. Working in an agile environment, you'll deliver rapid, responsive solutions.
At BJSS, you'll be in charge of your destiny. We will support you all the way, providing the support and training you need to do your best work. You will have the opportunity to travel and get involved in a range of disciplines to further develop you as a multi-faceted consultant.How we'd like you to help us:
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- Project delivery: day-to-day responsibility for technical aspects of a project
- Analysis and design: understanding of both functional and non-functional requirements to produce well-designed software
- Software development: construction and testing of software components
- Quality assurance: understanding of system test plans and system testing
Compensation and perks
- Strong software engineering fundamentals and practical experience
- Commercial experience of software development in C#
- Strong object-oriented skills (from C#, C++, Java or similar)
- Good database knowledge and strong SQL skills (on an enterprise level database, preferably TSQL and/or PL-SQL)
- Related experience in one of the other .NET areas such as WPF, WCF, WF, LINQ etc.
- Unit test frameworks such as MS Test or NUnit
- Strong practice of TDD development principles and continuous integration
- Exposure to integration technologies such as ESB, Messaging and ETL (e.g. BizTalk)
- Exposure to continuous integration, build tools and scripting
- Use of source code version control
- Generous benefits, a competitive salary and rewards structure, and healthcare and income protection
- Commuter benefits programme
- Secondment opportunities between the UK and USA; help with professional and industry certification
- Lunch and Learns, Tech Talks, and Coding Challenges
- Flexible working hours
- Regular get-togethers, special interest and sporting groups, and a weekend away every summer