relocate in USA, California
As an Ops Engineer you will be working with our DevOps team
on monitoring, CI/CD and configuration automation. You will be deeply
involved with the design process, and build the next generation of
monitoring and systems infrastructure.
- Support infrastructure for rapid application software deployment.
- Administer performance monitoring and alerting systems for application platforms and software.
- Write scripts and salt recipes to automate processes.
- Minimize detection, notification, response, and repair time for any production platform or software problems.
- Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack - hardware, software, applications and network.
- Administer, evolve, and optimize product key performance indicator data collection, analysis, and presentation.
- Ability to write and maintain code in at least one scripting language: python(preferred), ruby or perl.
- Practical knowledge of BASH.
- Experience working with configuration management tools like SaltStack, Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Experience setting up and optimizing monitoring and escalation using Zabbix or Nagios.
- Demonstrable knowledge of basic TCP/IP and HTTP protocols, routing.
- Understanding and ability to use a version control system such as git or svn for everyday work.
- Significant experience in configuring, deploying, administering,
and troubleshooting Linux RHEL/CentOS and/or Debian/Ubuntu
- Hands-on experience with Docker
- Have experience operating cloud-based environments, especially AWS
- Good understanding of architecture, security and performance of Unix/Linux systems
- Experience using JIRA, Stash, Github
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins or BuildBot
B.S. in computer science or equivalent work experience