Do you have experience working with Oracle Database?
Are you confident with SQL?
Do you consider yourself knowledgeable in in IT infrastructure and data recovery?
Our client provides payments software and managed services for customer processing They are a global organisation with offices, support center's and sales representatives worldwide. Grace to their continuous growth they are now recruiting a Oracle Database Administrator to join their dynamic team.
As an Oracle Database Administrator, your duties will include managing Oracle database configurations including installation, testing, maintenance and upgrades; carrying out regular exercises to optimize the databases' performance that supports the company's applications; ensuring that all in-house customer database staging systems are updated; proactively monitor the production database systems; keeping up-to-date with the latest releases and related features.
Skills and mind set:
- University Degree in Computing and / or an Oracle certified certification.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience working with Oracle Database Administration.
- Be familiar with the use of tools that enable the selective access to information held within a database (e.g. SQL).
- Have experience in the installation and administration of Unix/Linux and Microsoft Windows environments.
- A broad knowledge of IT infrastructure and IS applications including methods and techniques of business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to perform under pressure.
- Must have Strong organisational and time management skills to keep to deadlines.
- Familiarity with JIRA issue and project tracking systems and Confluence team collaboration software is desirable.