BJSS is an award-winning delivery-focused IT consultancy with over 20 years’ software delivery and IT advisory experience.
We are renowned for technical excellence, cost-effective delivery, and our proven BJSS Enterprise Agile approach. Founded in 1993, BJSS operates offices and project centres across the UK and USA and has established a global reputation for the highest-quality software delivery that keeps us busy on some of the most exciting projects. Our clients include some of the world’s largest companies, including investment banks, retail banks, government departments, retailers and commodity traders.
Working at BJSS is a great experience. Working on pioneering technology, we frequently find ourselves developing challenging software on large and complex enterprise systems, and winning many awards along the way.
BJSS believes in investing in our employees, to nurture their ambitions of becoming the best software engineers possible. If you want to surround yourself with strong technical people with a passion for technology and a deep-rooted focus on delivering quality, then BJSS is the place for you!Are you the Platform Engineer (DevOps) we're looking for?
In this role, you will be a key point of contact for the client to ensure smooth delivery, deployment and subsequent running of new technical solutions. You'll be seen as a leader within the field of DevOps, with a deep understanding of the effect of delivering leading technical solutions. Like with many consultancy engagements, you will need to wear various hats and act as project manager, service manager, development manager and consultant all wrapped into one. As a subject matter expert, you'll be required to get involved in pre-sales and bid activities, ensuring that we are able to present the very best market-leading solutions to our clients.
If that sounds like a challenge you'd like to take on, send us your application and let's get to know each other!How we'd like you to help us:
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- Project delivery: day-to-day responsibility for technical aspects of a project, both internally at BJSS and at client sites
- Manage, support, maintain and improving the project’s infrastructure, automation, continuous integration system and application release process
- Act as a bridge between operations and development teams
- Support knowledge transfer by mentoring others
Compensation and perks
- At least 5 years’ experience in a delivery-focused environment
- Strong commercial experience of managing complex multi-tier enterprise infrastructure environments
- In-depth configuration management, automation and scripting skills including use of a scripting language such as Python or Ruby, proficiency with shell scripting (BASH)
- In-depth knowledge of platform and application automated deployment technologies (Ansible, Terraform, Cobbler, Puppet, Chef, Tivoli Provisioning Manager, Foreman)
- Exposure to iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP, DSDM, RUP)
- Exposure to continuous integration and build tools (Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Use of source code version control (git, subversion)
- Excellent Linux/Unix system administration skills with a bias towards RedHat Enterprise Linux versions 6 and 7
- Understanding of software and infrastructure architecture including performance tuning applications, infrastructure, and databases
- Good database knowledge and SQL skills (on an enterprise database such as Oracle or EnterpriseDB)
- Good understanding of infrastructure and application security including Cross Site Scripting attacks and SQL injection attacks and the use of a WAF
- Understanding of OWASP objectives and requirements
- In-depth knowledge of virtualisation platforms and cloud orchestration technologies such as AWS, VSphere, vDirector, Xenserver, Xen, Cloudstack and Openstack
- Experience with building systems in an autoscaling environment including Self-Healing systems
- Any of the following skills would be great, but are not essential for the role:
- Configuration of firewalls, load balancers and other network equipment
- Software development experience
- Experience with application servers such as WebSphere, WebLogic or JBOSS
- Experience with Microsoft .NET technologies and Windows system administration
- Experience with planning for Disaster Recovery
- Exposure to ITIL
- Generous benefits, a competitive salary and rewards structure, and healthcare and income protection
- Commuter benefits programme
- Secondment opportunities between the UK and USA; help with professional and industry certification
- Lunch and Learns, Tech Talks, and Coding Challenges
- Flexible working hours
- Regular get-togethers, special interest and sporting groups, and a weekend away every summer