Consensus: is building new frameworks of collective governance that the future requires. The technologies we envision will fundamentally transform how societies operate and make decisions. You can be a part of this future.
As a Principal Software Architect, you will be working as part of the team to establish the functional and non-functional requirements, and drive the software architecture of the Sentient network and associated protocols. You will be responsible for defining and maintaining the overall, end-to-end architecture of the network, enabling its efficient implementation, while showing flexibility and resilience in the face of constant change. You will oversee and safeguard its integrity as the system evolves. We are looking for someone who has a passion for excellence and will be a strong proponent of building bridges to share knowledge and direct the collective effort between groups throughout the organization.
- Gather requirements from stakeholders and design the architecture of our digital asset management platform and associated collection of software.
- Maintain an end-to-end technical understanding of the product.
- Establish and manage the architectural direction of the product.
- Investigate and plan the adoption of new technologies.
- Work with partners and customers to communicate the technical aspects of the product and develop solutions for their particular needs.
- Work with founders to interpret, communicate and align the technology with the product roadmap.
- Actively participate in all aspects of the development process.
- BSc degree in Computer Science (MSc. or PhD preferred) from a world-class program, or demonstrable equivalent knowledge.
- 10+ years of experience as a Senior Software Engineer or Software Architect, with a demonstrable track record of designing, implementing and maintaining large-scale systems.
- Advanced knowledge of at least one statically typed language such as C / C ++, Java, or Go (preferred), and one dynamically typed languages such as Python or Ruby. Bonus points for Erlang or Rust.
- Experience with blockchain development.
- Well versed in development methodologies and principles, strong understanding and a healthy dose of skepticism for object-oriented design, and understanding of common design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of operating system architecture and communication protocols.
- Excellent public speaking skills and ability to present a project in English to an international audience.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Working experience in a distributed organization. Bonus points for meaningful participation in open-source projects.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Clear communication skills, both verbal and writing, and get-things-done attitude.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year