Cloud Academy is on a search for a highly experienced Principal Software Engineer to collaborate closely with the Product Manager and Designer to architect new products and features in hilly Switzerland. You'll take full ownership of key products and features, from software design to deployment, and work directly with one of our engineering teams to deliver exciting new products. Job description
Cloud Academy is a startup, based in San Francisco and in Switzerland, which offers a platform to learn cloud computing and test your skills.
In just three years, we went from an idea to a solid platform, used monthly by tens of thousands of customers, to learn cloud technologies and practice with our hands on labs.
Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled educational content to developers worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced Principal Engineer who can provide the technical vision and oversight for multiple engineering teams. This position will take full ownership of key products and features, from software design to deployment, and will work directly with one of our engineering teams to deliver exciting new products. This is a hands-on development role including tasks such as code reviews, coding new enhancements and new micro services for the platform, maintaining existing code, driving architectural decisions and ensuring a superior user experience. We need a smart engineer who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly, is enthusiastic about building new products and can write scalable/high performance code.Requirements
- 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Solid experience working with two or more of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, development of large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, C/C++, Ruby, Java, Go).
- Experience with best web practices, including A/B testing.
- Passion for coding, web technologies, and shipping features that drive users adoption.
- Experience with both relational and NoSQL databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis.
- Familiarity with the most prominent cloud vendors: AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure.
- Appropriate use of the file system, cloud storage, network resources, and an understanding of data redundancy and availability is necessary.
- Ability to work independently, with a sense of urgency and integrity.
- High Level of English proficiency, both written and spoken.