Do you want to join us on a journey to
change the trillion dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best
and brightest who share our passion for data driven user experience.
that travel is the one thing that really opens minds to new ideas,
cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveller in
the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and
backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we deeply care so that
every traveller can make the best-informed accommodation choice at the
absolute best conditions for every trip.
To further this goal we are looking for analysts to push our Product Analytics to new levels. As a Data Analyst
you will shape the direction & growth of our hotel marketplace and
will be responsible for analysing user behaviour, finding areas of
improvement and guiding our experimentation with data. You will work
across our product teams that works on search, checkout, price
comparison and content. We're looking for a driven expert who
understands e-commerce user behaviour and who has the technical &
analytical skills to make sense of the mountain of data our users
generate. This is a great challenge for the product analytics expert who
wants to join us in our quest to build the next generation of
What you will be doing
- Perform in-depth analysis on complex user behaviour, price
comparison and conversion data to discover insights & optimise the
- Analyse & interpret AB test results and contribute to ideation & prioritisation of AB tests
- Support tracking of user behaviour across our product and build data
models & dashboards to visualise it in Looker, our BI software.
- Work with data scientists & engineers to build and optimise data
driven features (like sorting, recommendation) through data discovery
and statistical modelling
- Communicate proactively and educate the rest of the company with your insights & best practices
What a day in the office might look like:
You start the day by checking up on the product dashboards & AB
tests to see if anything requires attention. During the daily stand-up
you present your latest findings on user behaviour, suggest improvements
and raise problems or challenges you have faced. Before lunch you build
a data model & dashboard to visualise the new recommendation
feature that we recently launched. After lunch you'll meet with the team
to brainstorm new experimentation ideas and prioritising the backlog.
At the end of the day you'll set aside time to deep dive into the
dashboard you built on the recommendation feature and write-up your
insights & recommendations of how to evolve it in the next
The team: Product owners, UX designers, developers and supported by data scientists & engineers.
Required qualifications & experience:
- 3-10 years of hands-on experience using data to drive product and
business decisions, with significant part of that in
- You are highly analytical and data driven and have the ability to
assemble, analyse and interpret data to make decisions and communicate
- You are eager to learn new things and have a flexible mindset
- You are an expert at using SQL & developing in BI tools like Looker, Tableau or Qlikview.
- You have experience designing & analysing AB tests
- You have good understanding of statistics
Preferred qualifications & experience:
Especially for the more experienced candidates, we'd also expect to
see in depth experience in one or more of the optional areas below (in
order of priority):
- Business Intelligence, event analytics tracking, data modelling, data warehousing
- Programming & statistical modelling in Python or R.
- Conversion rate optimisation
- Web analytics software like Google Analytics, Mixpanel & Amplitude
Why join now?
- We recently rebuilt our website and its infrastructure to be faster,
extensible, and scalable; built a local team of experienced product
developers which will double during 2020; and are looking to grow
traffic from 4.5M monthly visitors to 20M+ within the coming year.
- Completing our mission means building an efficient tool users love.
Doing that in a market as large and as competitive as online
accommodation is a rare opportunity to make an impact in the online
- We are a profitable company that aims to grow from 50 to 100 team members this year.
- We have a strong user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It's an exciting journey in a company that's driven by data.
Do you want to know if FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO's blog post
What we offer:
- Lots of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of
the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which values
sharing knowledge every day and have a budget to attend conferences and
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits. (including Stock Appreciation Rights)
- Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and chance to
work remotely - we measure results, not time spent in the office.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value good food, and offer catered lunches from various cuisines.