Clue helps everyone who menstruates to understand their bodies—and to be empowered by that knowledge. Our vision is to enable women and people with cycles to live in tune with their biology, not in spite of it.
Founded by Ida Tin, Clue is a VC-backed startup based in Berlin helping over 10 million people each month get insights into their reproductive health via our Android and iOS apps. We collaborate with world-leading universities and institutes to advance female health research with our dataset, and deliver essential education about health, periods, and sex via our website, helloclue.com.
To learn more about how Clue works behind the scenes, read our engineering blog, Bleeding edge.
You’ll join Clue’s productivity team. Our goal is to make the team members at Clue as efficient as possible, capable of owning, monitoring, maintaining, and iterating on their own work in our production environment.
- Push and coach Clue’s engineers to build the most secure product possible
- Perform security audits regularly to expose risks and eliminate them
- Keep the company up to date with data security best practices
- Help keep the lights on—provide our engineers with the tools and knowledge to maintain and improve site reliability, logging, monitoring, and deployment practices
- Work with the backend team on infrastructure-as-code, configuration management, security, disaster recovery, and observability
- Help make our growing array of microservices scalable. We are running in Kubernetes on AWS, mainly written in TypeScript with a touch of Kotlin
- A few more examples of technologies you’d be working with: Docker, Jenkins, Postgres, Terraform, CloudFormation, Datadog, GitHub, and Slack
- Support and mentor engineers in order to improve our DevOps culture
- 2+ years experience working in site reliability engineering, build engineering, production engineering or similar
- Good troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Awareness of data security best practices, and security advocacy
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker
- Familiarity with monitoring and alerting tools
- Capable of working with multiple teams with various needs
- Experience with the following tools is a plus
A few other technologies of choice include Postgres, Docker, GitHub, Jenkins, Slack, Datadog, CloudFormation, and Terraform.
We believe personal growth is essential for professional growth which is why we offer all the standard benefits, plus some that are uniquely Clue.
- Care for your body and mind with free weekly yoga and personal trainer sessions, a free on-site therapist and low-cost massages in the office
- Learn and grow with a personal education budget and subsidized German lessons at work
- Work your way in our child-friendly and dog-friendly office. We’ll help with relocation if you’re not already in Berlin.
- Five weeks of paid vacation each year, a competitive salary, participation in our all-employee option pool, and the option to join the company pension plan.
Clue is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members. Our users are global and multicultural—and we want our team to reflect this. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.