Yousician is the largest and fastest-growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world's #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish startup, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times 'World's best apps' and Best European Learning Game. We're hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place! For those joining us from abroad, we'll sponsor the necessary visas and permits.Are you the QA Engineer we're looking for?
Developing the largest and fastest-growing music education app in the world is a real challenge, but very rewarding. You’ll be focusing on developing the core functionality of Yousician, working alongside other developers, as well as designers, educators, audio scientists, and more.
At Yousician, you'll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world. You'll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams. It's a job that comes with all the challenges and rewards of working at a successful and fast-growing company.
We want Yousician to be the best workplace you can imagine, so we put a lot of effort into building a creative, motivating and fun working environment. We love to run experiments: we make systematic decisions, measure outcomes to see what works, and learn from our experience.
If you are unafraid to take on responsibility and grow professionally, we hope to hear from you soon! To get the ball rolling, send us your application and CV (in English) and let's make the world a more musical place together! Fun fact: everyone who comes to a personal interview in our office gets a ukulele. #rockon
Read more about our team here: http://bit.ly/2nzMwLvHow we'd like you to help us:
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- Advocate for quality within cross-functional development teams
- Actively coach developers on test automation best practices
- Improve integration and unit test coverage for our cross-platform application (iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, and Linux)
- Help coordinate testing efforts to ensure the delivery of quality features
- Make testing an integral part of the development process
- Report bugs and follow them through the complete bug cycle
- Investigate bugs in order to find the cause, so that they can be assigned to the right team
- Support developers in fixing bugs
Compensation and perks
- You're an experienced C# programmer (knowing modern C++ is a plus).
- You have experience with Unity or some other game engine.
- You have a passion for test infrastructure and CI/CD.
- You have knowledge of CI systems, ideally Jenkins.
- You learn fast, work independently, and get things done.
- You enjoy collaborating with and contributing to other teams.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki. We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonuses for sport activities, jam sessions, board game tournaments, sauna evenings, and our famous retreats in Greece, Thailand, and Tenerife.