HotelTonight is a mobile hotel booking application that allows users to find and reserve same-day hotel rooms from their smartphones.
About the job:
At HotelTonight, our engineers take enormous pride in the product experiences we deliver to customers and hotels. We’re seeking teammates who want to set the standard, not just keep up with other companies. We strongly value craftsmanship, have some perfectionist tendencies, and strive to stay ahead of the constantly changing mobile landscape to ship useful and delightful products!
What you’ll do…
- Help us as we relentlessly build, evolve and scale Rails applications that power our native mobile apps, as well as web interfaces for hotels and the HotelTonight team
- Solve big problems including improving hotel recommendations, making data actionable for hotels and customers, scaling the system as we continue to grow
- Improve and implement the API that supports our mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Develop, modify, and maintain our e-commerce platform, focusing on reliability, speed, and user experience
- Work on systems that are servicing tens of thousands of requests per day at 99.99% uptime
- Constantly improve our current codebase to make it better and faster, leveraging the best tools out there
What we’re looking for…
- 2-5 years experience building and scaling out non-trivial web and mobile apps, leaning to the back-end
- Knowledge and experience with our tech stack: Ruby, Rails 4, CoffeeScript, MySQL, Redis, Memcached, Varnish, IronMQ, IronWorker for ETL, Redshift, Chef, NewRelic, Elasticsearch, and AWS
- Flexible attitude and proven success thriving in a fast-paced startup with a successful business model and monetization strategy
- Strong sense of collaboration and desire to influence the products being built
- Ability to make quick decisions and communicate effectively under pressure (while on pager duty) and in other tough situations
- Bachelor's degree in a technical concentration preferred
What you’ll get from us…
- True startup experience - no bureaucracy and the opportunity to have a real impact on the business
- A chance to become an expert in mobile travel while it’s a rapidly growing industry
- Camaraderie of an amazing team that is working tirelessly to build the world's most dominant accommodation app of the mobile era
- Great SF office location at 5th and Market
- Generous compensation, pre-IPO stock options, and unlimited vacation. Excellent health, dental, vision and 401k plans, too.
- Sweet perks — Quarterly travel stipend, catered meals daily, unlimited coffee and snacks, subsidized gym membership at Equinox Sports Club, access to our very own hotel-inspired full bar, and a gong that you’ll get to bang when you ship something amazing!