Agoda.com is one of the largest online hotel and accommodation platforms in the world. As a Priceline Group company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. Offering over 1 million accommodation options worldwide in 197 different destinations in 38 languages, our globe-spanning network of travel experts is at the cutting edge of an industry that is rapidly transforming the way the world travels.
Technology is not just what we do—it’s at the heart of who we are. From IT professionals managing hundreds of millions of data points to market managers building relationships with hotels to PR specialists networking with media around the globe, Agoda.com delivers an exciting, fast-paced environment in every one of our 36 locations worldwide.
Our workforce of over 2,800 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe is truly one of our biggest strengths. We pride ourselves on a dynamic, workplace where creativity thrives and collaboration is key. A positive, enjoyable culture where people work hard but smile often is what keeps our team spirit high, and we encourage communication to be open, frequent, and constructive.
We choose people who are dedicated to making things great, who are able to push boundaries, and who understand that cutting-edge products come from cutting-edge ideas. Our industry moves fast, and so must we—but we have a great time doing it.
Journey with us.Are you the Realtime Metrics Platform Engineer we're looking for?
Our Bangkok team is looking for top quality passionate engineers to build products across our next-gen data platform.
Our systems scale across multiple data centers, totaling a few million writes per second and managing petabytes of data. We deal with problems from real-time data ingestion, replication, enrichment to storage and analytics. We're not just using big data technologies; we're pushing them to the edge.
In this competitive world of online travel agencies, finding even the slightest advantage in the data can make or break a company. That's why we put data systems among our top priorities.
Our data platform engineers specialize in running high throughput, reliable services: our core infrastructure receives billions of measurements per day and serves several tens of millions of API requests, all with an uptime in excess of 99.9%. You and your teammates will power a system relied on every day by EVERY department within the company, providing an extraordinary experience for millions of people across the world.
We deliver consumable information to the business and directly impact efficiency and decision-making across the entire company by making large-scale data easy to explore and interpret.
Operating our own systems at hyper growth levels is a rewarding challenge. We are a small passionate group of teams that love working together and we are looking for exceptional additions to our flock. We value maintainability, testing at scale, robustness, quality, simplicity and performance. If you share our values, join us!
This role lives at the intersection of engineering, analytics, and growth and enables the company to be data-empowered in decision-making. The scale at which your systems operate will require not only producing and using highly-performant algorithms and data structures, but also solving complex problems involving distributed cloud-based systems.How we'd like you to help us:
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- You will create new well-designed data processing systems from scratch all the way to deploying software.
- You will be comfortable navigating the following technology stack: Linux, JVM, Java/Scala, NoSQL (Cassandra), messaging (Kafka), scripting (Bash).
- You will research new techniques and technologies and hold presentations for teams across organizations.
- You will fix production problems.
- You will profile for performance, self-recovery, and stability.
- You will automate systems tasks via code as needed.
Compensation and perks
- You have at least five years of industry experience, ideally at a tech company.
- You have experience with at least one the following languages: Scala, Java, and/or any functional language (we code primarily in Scala, so you should be excited to either ramp up on that or continue building amazing systems with it).
- You have expertise developing on the JVM, including asynchronous I/O, concurrency, and have a solid grasp of the Java memory model.
- You're intimately familiar with KV stores and both NoSQL and SQL paradigms.
- You're an experienced coder with experience building systems that are flexible, well-tested, maintainable and scale.
- You have a scientific approach to your work—formulating hypotheses, running experiments, and reaching actionable conclusions.
- Detail-oriented, you consider every outcome of a particular decision.
- You are comfortable being on call and working at odd hours if needed.
- You're well versed in API integration (protocols, formats, standard methodology).
- You communicate smoothly in written and spoken technical English.
- Ideally, you have a bachelor's degree in computer science, data analytics, or another related field.
- Proven expertise in Hadoop, Spark, Scalding, Storm, or similar;
- Experience with pub-sub messaging, specifically Kafka;
- Experience with Cassandra;
- Real-world programming samples in some functional language you’re proud of;
- A master's degree in computer science.
- Your package will include a competitive salary, private medical insurance, a pension fund, and a hotel discount scheme.
- We are happy to receive applications from both international and local candidates and offer visa sponsorship for eligible candidates.
- We offer a full relocation package for you and your family (including flights, a 20ft container, pet relocation, and 1 month's free accommodation).
- You'll enjoy our quarterly drinks, annual parties, and monthly social activities.
- We have have a casual dress code in our offices in one of the most desirable locations in Bangkok.