Talan is a French consulting firm with more than 2000 consultants worldwide, and locations on four continents (eight countries).
Our employees are on Talan's payroll and provide services at our clients’ locations in midtown Manhattan.
The successful candidate will join our US subsidiary, a 40-person team, and will be detached to our client site.
The successful candidate will be working for one of our client, a major hedge fund in high frequency trading.
We’re seeking for a dynamic and talented Reference Data DevOps Engineer to join our client’s Post-Trade Platform Team.
The Post-Trade Platform is responsible for providing comprehensive and accurate transactional and referential data through robust reconciliation processes focusing on efficiency through automation.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supporting and maintaining the next-generation reference data platforms at Tower
- Working with trade support and developers across multiple regions to resolve production issues
- Engaging in various projects pertaining to migration, automation, and development
- Diagnosing and fixing bugs and issues on existing production platforms
- Documenting production issues and production interventions taken
- Logging incident tickets and attending regular incident review meetings
- Supporting new execution venues, trading products, and data vendors
- Validating market data changes are correct and modifying generated reports when necessary
- Monitoring job scheduler and custom alerting platform
Skill Set Required:
- At least 5 years of experience with Java, Python, and Linux shell scripting
- At least 5 years of experience working with SQL (ie. MySQL, PostGres) and NoSQL Databases (ie. MongoDB)
- Experience working in a high pressure environment, including diagnosing and fixing production issues on the fly
- Experience with Security Master, Reference Data, or Market Data infrastructure
- Past role(s) within electronic trading and a thorough understanding of financial instruments including equities, debt instruments, futures, and options
- Exposure to an Agile development environment with use of Jira
- Good written and oral communication skills
Required Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience working with system development
Talan’s offices are located near Union Square, right in the center of Manhattan.
Our company benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- 3 to 5 weeks of paid vacation per year according to seniority
- 5 sick days and 2 personal days
- Eight paid holidays
- Company health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Other benefits such as transit benefits, FSA and perks