Posted on May 20 2016 (over 4 years ago)
The Release Engineer is responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating and the overall management of an Application Software Releases across the organization , and managing the systems required to build, test and deploy software into a range of environments. The role would analyze, plan and assist the development teams with the design of release packages for deployment, ensure visibility of the status and configuration of all builds within a range of environments.
works across the organization to develop, maintain, and communicate a Master Release Calendar by working closely with the project managers and others within the business and technical teams in order to identify key interdependencies, delivery priorities, and business processing dates.
This position also manages risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality, and is also responsible for continuous improvement within the release management process
· works across the organization to develop, maintain, and communicate a Master Release Calendar by working closely with the project managers and others within the business and technical teams in order to identify key interdependencies, delivery priorities, and business processing dates.
· manages risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality.
· be responsible for continuous improvement within the release management process.
· Accept software components from the product development teams or third party vendors and produces software builds for deployment into a range of environments
· Ensure build and release processes and procedures are followed.
· Assess, plan and assist the product teams with the design of release packages prior to deployment into the environments.
· Produce build definitions for the generation of software which will have multiple software branches and versions of both bespoke software development and 3rd party vendor applications.
· Produce software builds and carry out fault diagnosis relating to build failures and documenting and the results.
· Ensure, where possible, that an automated approach is being taken to all aspects of software build and management.
· Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution on build and release issues
· Generate and maintain configuration management records for releases and software builds
· Support an agile and iterative approach to development, testing, build and release.
· To keep abreast of developments in software engineering and technologies
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
· 3 - 5 years of experience in Configuration Management and Release.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to coordinate cross functional work teams.
· Fully understand software release lifecycle and familiar with agile team work.
· Experience of working with Windows, Linux, IIS, .NET and MS SQL.
· Experience of system deployment of Web application, Android and iOS Apps.
· Extensive experience in configuration and management with CI software’s. (such as Team City/Jenkins)
· Extensive experience in source code version control, familiar with at least one of the tools like GIT, Subversion.
· Experience in environment configuration, branching model, and code promotion.