Hong Kong , Hong Kong
Posted on Feb 14 2017 (about 1 year ago)
Are you a Ruby on Rails developer and happy to work in a multicultural team in Hong Kong? Smartalpha is looking for a great developer to complement its dev team. Join one of the most promising fintech startups in Hong Kong, and report directly to our CTO and co-founders.
Smartalpha can sponsor a work visa in Hong Kong for the right candidate.
Who are we?
Founded in January 2016, Smartalpha connects professional investors from around the world with index providers, specialising in risk premia, smart beta and quantitative strategies.
Dedicated to index providers on the one hand and portfolio managers on the other hand (including sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, private banks, and family offices, among others), Smartalpha provides comprehensive information and data resources in an efficient, innovative and regulation-friendly way. Smartalpha is also a portfolio construction toolbox, and provides a lot of useful analytics to its users.
With Smartalpha, investors can screen the ever-growing number of risk premia and smart beta strategies available in the market, filter them according to their own guidelines, and build their portfolios!
- Create solid backend systems to support new features
- Develop and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Help to maintain and improve code quality and organisation
- Actively contribute to discussions and product planning with our Product Manager
- Monitor performances and bugs in order to guarantee a unique experience to our users
- Develop Proofs of Concept to leverage feedback from our users
- 3+ years experience with Ruby on Rails and RSpec
- Experience with React or AngularJS is a plus
- A product-first approach to building software and great attention to detail
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
-Back-end: Ruby on Rails (Rails 4.x)
-Front-end: AngularJS, SCSS, HTML 5, CSS 3, etc.
-Database: Redis, Postgres
Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, SOA, Micro-Services