Wire is a European startup building a modern, secure and open source privacy-focused communications experience. We are a Swiss company with a development center in Berlin, Germany. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by a shared passion for communication, design, and technology.Are you the Scala/Android Developer we're looking for?
We are looking for a Scala developer with exposure to Android. To be the ideal fit for this role, you should be a highly motivated and proactive person combining a desire to learn with strong collaboration and excellent communication skills.How we'd like you to help us:
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- Implement new features in the app
- Help maintain and improve the code base
- Design new features and apply testing methodologies
- Coach junior members of the team
- Collaborate with other teams to identify and resolve issues
Compensation and perks
- 2+ years experience with Scala development
- Experience with Android development (or willingness to learn)
- An understanding of object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Passion for clean code and elegant solutions
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with version control systems (preferably Git)
- Independent software projects and attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- BS in computer science or equivalent, MS preferred
- We'll offer you a competitive salary, relocation support, and career growth opportunities.
- Other perks will include hardware of your choice, adjustable standing desks, high-quality chairs, regular tech talks, developer meetups in the office, bike storage, table tennis, foosball, yoga, breakfasts and lunches.
- We have a beautiful office with a rooftop terrace in the heart of Berlin.
- You'll work alongside experts in a multicultural team from 20 nationalities.