Talan USA is the American subsidiary of Talan, French consulting firm with more than 2000 employees worldwide, and locations on eight countries (four continents).
In 2017 and for the 3rd consecutive year, Talan has been recognized with the “Great Place to Work” award. Talan USA offers employees a dynamic work environment, growth opportunities and a competitive compensation package, including a generous paid time off, health plans and 401K plan.
Each Talan consultant join one of our two divisions: IT Consulting or Business Consulting and will be working at our client sites. Our success is measured by both our employees and clients’ satisfaction, which is our priority.Context
Are you a senior algorithmic trading developer (Core Java)? Join us at one of our clients, a major European Corporate and Investment Bank with their Global Equity Algorithmic Trading team. There is a long-time cash equities algorithmic trading platform being retired and replaced with a new market leading, proprietary Execution Management and Algorithmic Trading System to support the growth of the equities business.
Both the current and future platforms support Global trading with deployments in Europe, Asia and Americas running from a global shared code base. The Senior Lead Developer Consultant in New York will be the first in an eventual team of 4 people.
The Existing Algo Container employs a multi-threaded Java based system which the bank has used to implement their algorithmic trading strategies. The Strategic architecture uses a Scala based proprietary trading platform to provide both Algorithmic Trading and electronic execution services to parts of the equities business.
The role is New York based but may include opportunities for short trips overseas.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design, development, unit testing, system testing, back-testing, implementation and (2nd and 3rd line) support of the Algorithmic Trading Platform.
Key team objectives for 2018 are:
- Retiring the existing Algorithmic Trading platform (Portware)
- Deploying the next generation proprietary Algorithmic Trading Platform (Falcon)
- Working together with the business to provide continuous improvement of the existing Algorithmic Trading strategies
- Development of new Algorithmic Trading strategies to support the business where required
- Improvement to the algorithmic trading platform including simplification & improving testing framework
- Expansion of trading to additional markets
Primary development language is Scala, also Unix / Shell script and possibility of exposure to KDB (q). Primary system interfaces are with Fidessa, Ullink, & KDB.
Skill Set Required:
- 7-10 years exposure to Americas Equity markets in a sell-side Front Office environment (US, LATAM, Canada)
- Expert development and design experience in core Java.
- Expert knowledge of Equities Algorithmic Trading including SOR.
- Expert knowledge of Object Oriented development and awareness of design patterns
- Expert experience in Agile development and methodology
- Expert in technical design of high performance real time applications trading applications
- Real-time server development, in a multi-threaded asynchronous system environment.
- Strong familiarity with the FIX protocol
- 2nd and 3rd Line support of trading applications.
- Global/multi-site team working & working with off-shore resources within a development & testing context.
Skill Set Desired/Ideal:
- JMS and Swing
- Interfacing with Fidessa and familiarity with the OpenAccess protocol.
- Interfacing with Ullink and familiarity with UL Message
- Interfacing with KDB & programming in q.
- JVM Optimization and garbage collection tuning
Talan’s offices are located near Union Square, right in the center of Manhattan.
Our company benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- 3 to 5 weeks of paid vacation per year according to seniority
- 5 sick days and 2 personal days
- Eight paid holidays
- Company health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Other benefits such as transit benefits, FSA and perks