We are Digistore24, a leading digital reselling and affiliate marketing platform. Our highest goal is to transform the world of online business. To achieve that, we are active in several important areas at the same time. Our core business is our reseller platform, where we automate the online business of tens of thousands of Digistore24 members, conquer technical obstacles, and advise our customers. On the one hand, we do this by offering personal support and advice, on the other hand through the constant development of our software services.
We have offices in Germany and Bulgaria. We chose Sofia for its great recreational potential that allows us to recruit the most brilliant people. We call it our Paradise Office, having designed every detail of it to create the best possible work atmosphere.Are you the Senior Back-End Developer we're looking for?
At Digistore24 we build our own software for our own needs. No consulting, third-party services, or outsourcing. We take pride in always using the most up-to-date technology, providing constant learning experiences and exciting challenges for everyone on our team. The projects themselves are complex web applications which we build from scratch, using varying technologies such as Java, PHP, AngularJS or NodeJS.
Curious? Here's a glimpse of what we are working on...
... A heavily customized CRM system that's able to recognize patterns and drastically reduce time and effort in client management. The interface includes a lot of gamification elements to simply make working with customers much more motivating.
... A powerful analytics tool which keeps track of digital customer and money streams. It's not only able to visualize touchpoints and customer journeys, but also to produce insights on the return of investment on advertising budgets.
... A cutting-edge landing page platform with integrated business automation, affiliate network, and marketing tools. It supports users in creating business websites and membership areas while leveraging their success with several leading marketing optimization tools.
We run functional teams based on the Scrum methodology and have a fairly agile environment. Sprints are planned out well in advance to keep stress to an absolute minimum.
Hierarchies are flat across the technical and non-technical units and our management has a technical background, meaning that expectations are realistic and requirements are communicated clearly.
Speaking of communication, we really value short distances, open doors, and pragmatic approaches. We believe that CC should stand for clean code or cool colleagues, not for carbon copy. This is what you get with us and this is the attitude we want from you.
You will be responsible for implementing high-level web applications. To thrive in this role, you should be passionate about writing high-quality code, constantly 'trawling the net' for the newest and best coding practices. You feel confident about your ability to solve complex technical problems and don’t shy away from the responsibility of being one of the leading software architects at Digistore24. You take full ownership of the software you develop and you like to get things done. The proper way.
Working for a rapidly growing market leader in the german-speaking online marketing business means that you can expect us to provide everyone with the best working environment and growth opportunities possible. Apply now and let's get to know each other! To boost your chances by a mile, include links to your last web projects, coding samples, or web designs and portfolio so we can get an impression of your skills.How we'd like you to help us:
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- Build web-based PHP-centric applications that are robust, scalable, and elegant
- Work in functional agile development units to execute the product vision in terms of functionality and user experience
- Develop IT requirements for web applications and shape the overall tech strategy
- Respond rapidly to continuous changes and real-time updates
- Contribute to architectural discussion and code reviews
Compensation and perks
- Profound experience in designing and developing web applications using a sophisticated model view controller framework
- Several years of object-oriented web development experience in PHP
- Knowledge of HTTP and web development technologies (LAMP, Symfony 3, AngularJS and HTML5/CSS3/Java Script)
- A proven track record of successfully delivering high-quality web software at scale
- Analytical, creative mindset and passion for solving business problems with technology
- Ability to quickly translate business requirements into working features
- Work well under pressure, developing key features for high volume, business critical systems
- Experience and desire to work in an agile environment
- Interest in being challenged in a fast-paced environment while having fun
- Good English language skills
- A constant learning attitude
- High salary value due to lower tax burden and moderate consumer prices in Bulgaria
- Very competitive salary and benefits package and absolutely reliable salary payments
- Full relocation package for moving to Sofia (Bulgaria), finding a flat, organizing your stay
- Top-notch additional health insurance package
- Your personal high-end Macbook or PC laptop
- Healthy environment with fresh fruits every day, fresh spring water, fresh filtered air, the ability to make fresh smoothies every day and much more
- Flexible working time, including the possibility to work from home (remote)
- Bestair and Bestwater filters, a gaming corner, kicker tables (and the freedom to use them whenever you want)
- Unlimited budget for books, seminars and everything that supports your personal and professional development
- Beautiful leisure time possibilities near the office, for example: Skiing in the mountains (30min by car), swimming in two seas (3-4 hours by car)
- Free parking space in a modern office building with perfect view over Sofia's skyline
- Environment where you can learn and grow with regular learning days, team events, conferences and a strong focus on personal development
- Small and international yet close-knit team where everyone's input is truly valued for shaping the company