Port Louis, Mauritius
Posted on Jan 10 2018 (6 months ago)
We are looking for an experienced Back-End Web Developer in order to develop our platform. Working in pair with a front-end developer, your role will be to improve and add new functionalities to the website. You will also contribute to the site maintenance. You will be required to carry out an ongoing technology watch, with the aim of implementing the latest technologies on our platform. You will work in a small team in our technical department located in Port Louis, Mauritius.
Among the numerous projects the team manages every day, you may intervene in / take the responsibility of one or several projects, such as:
the process of making the website more interactive like a game would be
- SEO optimization
Optimize our website to make it more accessible to search engines
At Expat.com, experience and motivation are crucial.
We need self-motivated persons who are eager to learn and will be able to make the difference and bring added value to the team.
You have a strong interest for the Web sector. You are also interested in life abroad. Ideally, you have already lived abroad for half a year.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or similar)
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in web development.
· Strong skills in the following technologies:
o PHP (and Object Oriented Programming)
o MySQL (ability to write optimized queries)
o Experience with a modern PHP framework
Words like PHP7, Composer or MVC are part of your vocabulary: you're the one we need.
Would be a plus:
· VCS (SVN, git)
· Server administration
What will you learn with us?
· Working with Expat.com will help you learn more about the Web sector, referencing techniques, the latest trends in terms of UI and UX and our business model.
· You will also join a market leading start-up composed of passionate professionals.
· We value every idea and initiative. You will not be treated as an executor, but as a responsible person.
· You will benefit from a close follow-up from the IT manager and receive the adequate training program. We intend to drive you and improve your skills.