Our client is building a satellite-based service to provide the world with access to near-real-time imagery from space. Their synthetic aperture radar (SAR) instrument can capture images through clouds, darkness and other obscuring elements, making it more reliable for operational use than optical camera systems.
- You will develop web-based commercial software services in a small software team in an earth observation data company that designs, builds and operates its own satellite constellations.
- Develop the web based customer RESTful service
- Develop and manage the architecture of the client solutions
- Run the agile development process with team and stakeholders
- Improve the development flow, testing and CI practices and tools
- At least 3 years of back-end development building RESTful web applications in an agile environment
- Excellent Java coding skills and ability to develop and maintain high quality code. Spring.io a big plus.
- Good handle on front-end coding with latest JS frameworks (e.g ReactJS, ExtJS, AngularJS)
- Good knowledge on build scripts and test automation together with CI (Jenkins)
- Significant coding experience using databases and AWS services (EC2, RDS, S3)
- Good English and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience of remote sensing, GIS or machine vision -related systems is a real plus
- Proficiency on Unix-like operating systems (such as GNU/Linux)
- Experience using git or Bitbucket
- Challenging tasks;
- A job that matters – you will be responsible for building the web services that customers depend on
- Flexible hours;
- Great team;
- Startup culture;
- A quickly expanding company;
- Training opportunities, including conference trips;
- Part-time PhD is possible;
- The team is located within Otaniemi campus area (it is the biggest high-tech hub in Finland) in Espoo, Finland.