Come join our team in Estonia!
Fortumo is a global mobile payments service provider. We work daily with some of the largest app developers, social networks and digital goods vendors in the world, providing payments for 4 billion users in 88 countries through 350 operators.
As our customer base is expanding and we are involved in large scale strategic partnerships around the world, we are looking for great backend engineer knowledge to help us scale, extend, and evolve our infrastructure, so that we can continue offering wide selection of payment services to very large user-bases.
We are a flexible and agile team and you will play an integral part in our engineering organization, where you have great opportunities for growth, taking responsibility and delivering great products.
Your main involvement will be in architecture and implementation of the charging infrastructure, based on modern cloud design, delivering high availability and very high scale transaction processing. You also will participate in agile product planning and delivery as we are using Scrum methodologies for our development.
- work closely with our core product team to implement scalable and highly reliable systems that drive our main business
- have a strong say on the technology choices we are using for building the core components, we are in general based on Ruby
- deliver well tested, thoroughly reviewed, continuously deployed and integrated code
- provide technical leadership in your own team and contribute to the growth of strong engineering organization
- work with our core services architecture and have a say on how we are building the platform
- improve the development practices and reduce the overall time from ideas to actual products
We really want you to:
- have strong programming and communication skills
- proficient in any of Python, C/C++, PHP, Ruby, Java
- you should be able to convince a team-mate on your opinion as well as you convince computers to do your bidding
- have experience with testing methodologies and knowledge of different testing frameworks and tools
- have previous experience with distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction application
- have architectural and data modeling skills. You should be able to talk about the cons, not just the pros of service oriented architectures
- be passionate about technology in general, know where the cloud services are going and what are the latest trends
We offer you:
- the possibility to have a significant say and impact on how our systems are built, what tools and frameworks we are using and where we will run our services
- work together with leading companies of the industry, building services for millions of people and solving issues for them
- work together with a talented and fun international team who has a lot of experience in the payments and mobile industry
- great tools and a cosy working environment
- competitive compensation package recognising your performance and accomplishments
- full support for expats. We have a growing international team at our headquarters in Estonia. We’re experienced in providing smooth onboarding for each and every new team member and all expats get full support ranging from relocation to running daily issues here in Estonia.
- opportunity to decide which books, articles, online courses we should add to our existing learning & development knowledge-base
- enjoy a €30/month Health and Wellness perk to use towards any fitness classes, gym membership or massage.
- Fortumo Bar – take what you like: drinks are in the fridge, snacks in the kitchen cupboard and on the counter.
- Fortumo discount card – discounts and special offers for Fortumo people in various cafes, restaurants, shops etc.
- pick your tools
- team spirit is kept up by smart and fun people on a daily basis but we have also team-specific offsites, bigger events for the whole international Fortumo team in the summer and winter time, as well as various other special traditional get-togethers. All related costs are covered by the company.