Travel is at the heart of what we do
Who we are
Caravelo is an industry leading, norm-shaking travel tech company based in Barcelona with a global reach. We specialize in technology solutions for the aviation industry that improve profitability and the customer experience.
The Caravelo platforms, ALISEO and NINA enable customer-centric products and digital touch-points that have been recognized by the industry as being at the forefront of innovation.
Our global partners include travel companies and airlines such as eDreams, AXA, Finnair, AirAsia, LATAM Airlines and many others.
If you'd like to be part of the future of travel tech, read on.
Who you are
You are an experienced Backend Engineer, who is happy to work independently in a group. You enjoy sharing your expertise with junior team members and have a good sense of humour. Developing new product lines is intriguing to you because you are full of ideas.
This will be your role:
- Implement existing product lines and help us develop new ones!
- Integrate our product lines with Airlines' reservation and payment systems (Sabre, Amadeus, Navitaire)
- Develop REST APIs
- Support new business domains and use cases
- Personalise our existing product lines to adapt to our partners needs
- Mostly backend, but frontend knowledge will be a plus
Skills & Requirements
- Proficient in object-oriented analysis and design
- Solid Java/JVM or equivalent programming skills
- At least 3+ years experience in this role
- You’re versatile and enjoy learning new technologies and languages
- You're a team player
- English is your main working language, Spanish speaking knowledge is not necessary
- EU passport or a permanent working visa that allows you to legally work in Spain.
Nice to have (but not mandatory)
- Knowledge of Node.js, Groovy, PHP
What you will get from us
- A competitive salary according to your experience
- Flexible compensation plan (Private health insurance, Transport check, Food check, Kindergarten check) and discounted gym membership (Gym4Less)
- Flexible working hours & half/day Fridays
- An office in the heart of Barcelona with great views of the city
- You will be joining a fast-moving and progressive company that prides itself of being at the forefront of software development within the airline industry
- A real chance to grow very rapidly - the team is growing fast which means that there's plenty of room for personal development
- The possibility to really see an impact and to see how your work affects the end result.