Will you join us on a journey to disrupt the trillion dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travellers, data, and product.
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that really opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveller in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we deeply care so that every traveller can make the best informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
We are growing fast and looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join us in becoming a global travel category leader.
We build highly performant, scalable services and components that power our product and provide our users with the best content and deals the accommodation industry has to offer. Scalability, reliability, and great performances are the core of what we build. We work with modern stacks (Go, Node.js, Python) and, as we embrace the DevOps culture, our infrastructure-as-code in the cloud (AWS) is managed via tools like Docker, Jenkins, and Terraform.
Should you join us, not only you will get exposed to some bright engineers with a passion for delivering great software, you will also get the chance to collaborate with team members from a broader range of disciplines, including data analysts and scientists, product owners, UX experts, and marketing specialists.
What you will actually be doing / responsibilities
- Work in a team to solve challenging problems, integrating accommodation providers and building blazing-fast services that serve their data
- Identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvements in terms of performance and code quality
- Help improving our infrastructure and scale it to support our continuous growth in a cost-effective way
- Support the growth of junior and intermediate engineers by coaching them in their daily tasks, as well as raising the bar of how things are done within both your team and the bigger engineering group
What a day in the office might look like
In the morning, you and your fellow engineers sit down with the Product Owner to discuss the performance of a not-so-fast API endpoint. Comparing the ideal performance to the data collected by our monitoring systems, you brainstorm together a few ideas of how to improve the service's performance and design a scalable solution. After lunch, you jump onto an open issue and prepare a pull request that improves the infrastructure's reliability for one of the most delicate components. Before the end of the day, you put together some ideas on how to improve another component's design and organize an architecture review session with some engineers across teams to discuss the benefits and costs of your proposed solution.
Who we are looking for / requirements
- You have at least 6 years experience in back-end development using a modern set up and tooling
- You have a great understanding of APIs, databases, data structures, queues, and all things back-end, with a strong passion for automation
- You have worked on a production system that was exposed to significant scale (whether traffic or amount of data) and you are excited by these kinds of challenges
- You have a sense of pragmatism, constantly finding the right balance between achieving technical excellence and delivering value to the end users
- You are flexible, curious, and data-guided in helping us decide what to work on next
- You engage with your team and all the engineering group actively, sharing knowledge and best practices in order to improve with them every day
- You have production experience working with AWS and you have taken care of CI / deployments / infrastructure in the past
- Production experience with Golang is a big plus
- Experience with Terraform is a nice to have
Do you want to know if FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO's blog post
Why join now?
- This year we will be helping +1M customers around the world find better hotel deals, using data, transparency & industry-leading features
- We are in fast growth mode and have been growing bookings by +100% YOY for the past 2 years and plan to continue doing so in the coming years
- Completing our mission means building an efficient tool users love. Doing that in a market as large and as competitive as online accommodation is a rare opportunity to make an impact in the online world.
Is FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO's blog post
What we offer:
- Plenty of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day and has a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits (including Stock Appreciation Rights).
- Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely - we measure results, not time spent in the office.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value good food and offer catered lunches from various cuisines, great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional bbq in our garden