Posted on Mar 18 2016 (about 7 years ago)
Our client are on a mission to improve the travel experience, from finding the right hotel to having the perfect stay. They work with hotels, destinations and travel websites to make that happen. They analyzes hundreds of millions of travel reviews scattered across a vast, fragmented market. Transform this content into actionable insights and visualizations that enable travelers to improve their trip planning and industry players to improve their offerings.
As Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for data quality in company. You are expected to proactively run analyses, generate reports, and address quality or scaling issues. You will then manage and prioritize your own projects, overlooking a budget. You will direct junior data engineers, human annotators, and crowdsourcing projects. You work together with a team of smart and motivated data scientists, building and scaling the infrastructure for exciting novel features.
· Degree in Computer Science or Statistics, or closely related degree
· 3 years+ of relevant work experience
· Experience driving complex projects to completion
· Experience in software engineering
· Knowledge of basic statistics
· Good understanding of relational databases
· Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize, and meet deadlines
· Fluency in English
· Affinity for Linux scripting
· Knowledge of Python
· Experience with Apache Hadoop or related technologies
· Experience in building web applications
· Additional: Structured plan at the beginning
· German classes
· Friendly atmosphere
· Free snacks, tea water, beer
· Team events, parties
· Assume responsibility for data quality, and proactively drive projects to collect more and better data
· Oversee a budget, and direct junior data engineers, human annotators, and crowdsourcing projects
· Maintain and scale various databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra), managing diverse heterogeneous data sources, and ensuring integrity and quality
· Develop and maintain ETL jobs using Hadoop ecosystem
Do you have any question or comment for 8relocate about their position Senior Data Engineer?
Please log in to ask a question
No question right now? Subscribe to this job post to be notified when other applicants ask something.