Rakuten.de is our online shopping marketplace in Germany. We started life as Tradoria and joined Rakuten family in 2011, launching Rakuten.de in January 2012. Rakuten Deutschland is based in Bamberg and Berlin, also hosting part of European IT, Finance, HR, Marketing and operational functions. Diversity is an important part of our company culture, this is why we hold the „Charter of Diversity“ .
We are looking for a Data Scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us to make smarter decisions to retain our customer and bring a better customer experience. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems for customer churn, merchant quality, product recommendation.
We are searching for our office in Berlin for a:
(Senior) Data Scientist (m/f)RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information, that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Building a clear and precise Customer Lifetime Value model where we can draw actions from
- Building a clear and precise Merchant Lifetime Value model where we can draw actions from
- Building a recommendation system from our products and merchants
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R and/or Python.
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase.
- Excelent applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills.
- Data-oriented personality
- Experience with MSSQL and some ETL tool like Pentaho Spoon, Talend or SSIS
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Self-motivated and creative
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Interesting and challenging fast paced environment
- A chance to shape and build the business and inspiration to make a difference
- Open and respectful multicultural environment
- Professional, passionate, ambitious, but friendly team
- Possibility for professional growth and international assignments
- Active support in finding accommodation and moving from abroad
- Your recruiter will answer your questions about benefits or working conditions that are specific to different European locations
- Innovative and flexible people full of energy
- Friendly team player with a professional mindset
- Those who can think for themselves and take action
- Willing to work in a dynamic, multicultural and global environment where multilingual skills are a big asset
- Ambitious to grow as an individual within the company
- Passionate about working in a global company which wants to make a difference by empowering society.
If you are interested in this position, meet these requirements and wish to actively participate in developing our company and join our highly motivated team, please apply by sending an email to Marc Borgstedt at firstname.lastname@example.org