What's in it for you at SnappCar?
Did you know that the average car stands still for about 90% of its lifetime? Just imagine the space and resources that are being wasted! Joining SnappCar’s mission will be an adventure and life changing experience. Why? Because we're making an impact on the world through changing mobility from car ownership to car sharing. How? By providing a fully reliable and user-friendly car sharing marketplace. In other words, a community in which thousands of car owners can easily and safely rent out their cars to other people in the neighbourhood.
And it’s working! SnappCar is a rapidly growing start-up on its way to becoming the leading car sharing community in Europe. Our ambitious mission: reduce the amount of cars on the road in Europe by 5 million cars in 2022. That's why we're coming to work every day. A bold goal, yes. But definitely achievable!
At SnappCar you'll be working in an amazingly creative, energetic and international environment. Our team members take great pride in what they do and strive to become the best in their area of expertise such as Development, (Online) Marketing and Community Support. We all work hard and play by our core values:
self-propellingness ... dare2choose ... be brutally honest ... think opposite & stay foolish!
What we like you to do
- Be a valued senior member of our front-end guild responsible for the definition, evangelization and enforcement of our front-end architecture, principles, best practices and conventions;
- work closely together with our experienced back-end developers (.NET and Node.js) and UX designers to reach our ambitious goal: becoming the biggest and most user friendly P2P car sharing platform in Europe;
- handle pull-requests from your fellow developers, research and analyze our codebase and rack your brain to come up with awesome improvements;
- invest heavily in keeping up-to-date with the latest front-end principles, technologies and ways of working;
- share your knowledge and parts of our code with the rest of the world on GitHub and, if you like, even on stage at meet-ups and conferences!
What you bring to the table
- solid experience with software patterns, front-end frameworks and SEO;
- clear understanding of the value of a great UX because you're willing to walk the extra mile to deliver that to our users;
- a mindset driven by positivity, creativity, scalability and agility to create the best user friendly results together with our other amazing developers;
- you like to think and work horizontally, that's why you fit perfectly within our free and informal culture and our strong believe in ownership instead of management;
- and last but not least … you must be ready to conquer the world with us. We are busy scaling up and actually changing the current market!
Big bonus points
Our front-end stack is build up using TypeScript, webpack, Angular 2+ and Sass. We’re strong believers of reactive programming (RxJS), we use Jenkins for CI and Git / Bitbucket for source control. Our back-end is build up using .NET and Node.js. Experience or at least strong affinity with any of these technologies is a big plus so let us know what you already know!
What we offer you
- Being part of an amazing scale-up and making an actual impact on the world;
- working in an international team with a bunch of very creative and driven colleagues from over 10 different nationalities;
- a well-equipped HQ in the centre of Utrecht and offices in Berlin, Stockholm and Copenhagen;
- a competitive salary plus 8% holiday pay;
- unlimited vacation days so you can relax in between all your hard work;
- flexible working hours because we believe in a good work-life balance;
- all the tooling and other stuff you need to be successful such as a laptop / MacBook and extra screens;
- travel & business expenses so you can actually get to the office and go places;
- free rides (SnappCar credits) and you get to drive our SnappTesla Model S;
- delicious daily lunches & free drinks;
- bootcamp and pilates classes for a healthy body and mind;
- hoverboard lessons from our fast-paced CEO ;)
- lots of fun, teambuilding and celebrating successes together!
What's that? Are you in?
Is it really you we've described just now? Awesome! Send us your CV, motivation and some of your best work (code) and convince us! If you've found this vacancy through other media, please apply directly via our jobpage SnappJobs. That's the best and safest way. Any questions upfront? Feel free to mail Femke de la Reza via email@example.com and we'll be happy to answer you!