About Instantly, Inc.:
Tech-Driven Online Market Research Firm
About the job:
instant.ly provides progressive online and mobile technology which transforms the way clients turn online data and mobile feedback into actionable insights. With over 1 billion data points, instant.ly helps businesses be better, smarter, and faster.
Originally a Los Angeles based start-up, instant.ly has expanded aggressively over the past five years and transformed into a global organization with over 200+ employees.
Our growth is attributed to an outstanding team of people who help revolutionize the market research industry through dynamic idea transfers, innovative product development, and focus. Our continued growth parallels our need to find, recruit, and onboard high performing individuals who will continue fostering instant.ly’s collaborative work environment.
More specifically, we’re looking for a backend engineer that can say “yes” to the following:
- Full stack Java experience (and when I say Java – I mean Spring) – including Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Batch, etc…
- ORM Expertise (Hibernate, MyBatis)
- Experience with Message Queuing systems (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, HornetMQ)
- Relational/SQL DB knowledge (MySQL, PostgresSQL, Oracle, SQL Server)
- NoSQL knowledge (MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Hadoop)
- Demonstrable knowledge of creating and maintaining Maven builds
- Strong grasp of REST fundamentals
- Ability to recite Design Patterns
- Knowledge of other backend languages and stacks (Scala, Python, Django, PHP, RoR, Node.js, etc...)
The stuff that really matters:
- Team player who communicates effectively
- A cultural bias towards coding excellence
- Dogmatic attitude to writing automated tests
- Inability to sleep at night because you’re still thinking about a problem you still haven’t solved
More about us: