The mobile world is evolving fast and GuardSquare is determined to stay on top of it. As their brilliant new Java engineer, you can help them by researching the latest mobile security and hacking technologies. Sound good? Head to Leuven!Job description
We are looking for a passionate software engineer to design, implement and test the next layers of our hardening software.
You'll implement novel techniques to optimize and protect mobile applications. Our software helps millions of developers to create better apps, with an impact on billions of users. You'll help maintain the resulting products. We value high-quality code that can evolve and grow.
You'll assist our customers—including individual developers and top brands in various industries—with technical queries, providing unique feedback to constantly learn and improve our software. You'll get the opportunity to research the latest mobile security and hacking technologies.
The mobile world is evolving fast and we have to stay on top of it. If that sounds good to you and you want to help create the very best products on the market, send us your application today!Requirements
- Deep knowledge of Java
- Experience with state-of-the-art techniques in the domains of object-oriented design & development
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- University degree in informatics or computer science
- 5+ years experience in software engineering
- Strong analytical skills
- Disciplined and independent worker, able to prioritize and self-manage time and tasks
- Commitment and dedication at key moments
- Passion for software engineering
- The will to deliver good code and a great product
- The desire to learn and grow with the company
- USEFUL SKILLS:
- Familiarity with Android app development
- Familiarity with the Android build tools Gradle, Maven, Ant
- Experience with Linux
- Interest in or knowledge of compiler technologies and low-level programming
- Experience with reverse engineering and the commonly used tools
- Knowledge of information security