As a Senior Node.js Developer at FindHotel, you will help to develop from the ground up a high-performance data platform that powers the website FindHotel, scaling up web traffic from 2M+ visitors to 10M+ by the end of the year.
What you tell your friends you do
"I am a great backend developer who can make code run safely yet fast as lightning!"
What you will really be doing
- Building a high-performance data platform, dealing with the data for millions of hotels. Retrieving and handling data from multiple sources;
- Developing our own APIs and deploy them as independent services;
- Building the right suite of monitoring and alerting system, in order to have both the helicopter view and the magnifying glass at hand whenever needed;
- Improving the code base, architecture, infrastructure, and overall quality of our product, in order to deliver a great experience to each and every one of our users.
How will you be doing this?
- You are an experienced backend developer in a diverse team of talented experts, and you enjoy working on a product delivering quality code while meeting ambitious deadlines;
- You choose the right tools for whatever job will be thrown at you. We're always open to re-evaluating choices that were made in the past: there is always a budget for good ideas;
- You understand speed is a feature: you love benchmarking and experimenting with different technologies to figure out new ways of improving your code over time.
What we worked on last quarter
- Created a fast RESTApi, build on AWS Lambda's to serve the results of our machine learning models
- We built a scalable infrastructure in the cloud, based on AWS, Docker, and Continuous Deployment, that serves on average 11M+ requests per day.
What a day in the office might look like
In the morning, after the daily stand-up, you pair program with a fellow developer to improve the performance of an API call which is not as fast as it could be. After lunch, you provide some feedback on the quality of a couple PRs from your teammates. Then you implement a new feature from the backlog or tackle an annoying technical debt issue that you've been keeping an eye on for a while.
Why join now?
- We have successfully built the foundation of a great product, which will evolve in time and compete with the big players of the travel industry. By joining the team now, you will have the chance to have a strong impact on how we grow our tech stacks and the way approach work.
- We are looking to grow traffic from 2M monthly visitors to 10M+ by the end of 2017. This is the perfect time to become part of the team working on the core behind our product, tackling exciting challenges around scalability and performance.
- We are a company that is growing fast, hiring talent across many different areas of expertise (development, data science, data analysis, marketing, UX). Each team collaborates with the others on a lot of different tasks, making every day the day when you learn something new.
- You will have fun writing code for existing and new applications, integrating them with internal and external systems, with room to explore new technologies and architectures!