An opportunity has arisen for 2 senior developers to join an
innovative team and work on a revolutionary application that is just
about to enter into the market.
The application is a first of its kind and is set to have a large impact of the financial advice industry.
You will be working directly with the lead engineer and key stakeholders.
The role is based in Sydney (CBD), but hours are flexible and you
will be able to work remotely depending on the team's schedule.
- You will work on a full development stack (frontend, backend,
API, systems infrastructure,relational databases and caching
technologies, project management / client work, e.g.gathering
requirements, creating technical specifications and architecture
- Meet with clients and partners to establish requirements, demo applications and allay technical concerns.
- Optimise applications and infrastructure in order to achieve high performance, availability and deliverability.
- Be involved in implementing processes that improves the feedback
loop and can react to the feedback with a Continuous Delivery mindset
- Skilled and knowledgeable with SQL database like MySQL
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, in particular EC2, RDS, S3.
- Experience with managing Linux environments and shell scripting.
- Experience with developing and integrating with RESTful APIs.
- Technical understanding of caching solutions such as Memcached and Redis.
Experience with the below Tech Skills will be highly regarded:
- Skilled with Python, especially with libraries such as NLTK and scikitlearn.
- Experience with large scale crawling technologies.
- Experience with Vagrant, Docker or similar container technology is desirable.
- Experience in build automation, automated deployments and release management.
- Experience with processing large amount of text data.
- Comfortable with frontend and UX development.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins or Travis.
- Excellent communication skills. This is also a customer facing
role, so you will be required to attend meetings/demos with customers
and be able to build good working relationships with partners.
- Can work closely with and incorporate feedback from product management, interaction designers and backend engineers.
- Familiar with any agile development methodologies and tools.
- Track record of developing robust applications and APIs.
- Loves Open Source.
- A big plus, is if you can demonstrate evidence of projects you have
worked on in the past or are currently working on (i.e. GitHub or