Talan USA is the American subsidiary of Talan, French consulting firm with more than 2000 employees worldwide, and locations on eight countries (four continents).
In 2017 and for the 3rd consecutive year, Talan has been recognized with the “Great Place to Work” award. Talan USA offers employees a dynamic work environment, growth opportunities and a competitive compensation package, including a generous paid time off, health plans and 401K plan.
Each Talan consultant join one of our two divisions: IT Consulting or Business Consulting and will be working at our client sites. Our success is measured by both our employees and clients’ satisfaction, which is our priority.Context
We are looking for a Senior Production Engineer for one of our Corporate and Investment Banking Client in New York.
The Senior Production Engineer will be part of the team responsible for the IT infrastructure worldwide. The team is in charge of production management of Business applications on FX, Bonds and IRD activities.
The successful candidate will support change, incident and monitoring of the platform ensuring maximum efficiency, scalability and resiliency of the market data systems.
This role is focused on providing technical applications support, facing off to our various businesses; and a good conceptual understanding of the underlying IT infrastructure is highly desirable. The individual will have minimum 5 years of experience on production support for trading systems as well as in supporting a live cap market environment.
Candidate is expected to have strong knowledge and proven experience of the following:
- Installation and management of application software across environments
- Troubleshooting production issues
- A solid Infrastructure background
- A good understanding of networks
- Experience working within DevOps Model of Build and Deployment
- Software configuration management
- Automate processes were possible and create new technologies when needed.
- A proven and successful experience developing large scale software solutions in more than one language.
- A good understanding of latency (causes and remediation)
- Monitoring supervision and improvement through ITRS, Grafana and Corvil
- Proven track record working with ION or LAB49 software.
- Proven track record within Market Data Applications specifically RMDS, Trep
Essential duties and responsibilities also include the following.
1. Change and Release management
The team is involved in change and release management activities.This includes:
- Validating changes from a technical perspective, validating deployment scripts and procedures
- Define, implement and improve the release management process.
- Conducting release deployment in pre-production and Operational Acceptance Testing
- Improving the release deployment process
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Conduct Release Readiness Reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go Reviews
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
As a Production Engineer, individual ensures that production operations are in accordance with expected quality of service. Individual also ensures that all applications in production are properly working and make sure all proactive action are processed to avoid production impact. This includes:
- Conducting health checks and controls (morning check etc.), and continuous monitoring
- Ensuring the availability of physical resources (disks, robots, controllers ...) and logical resources (software, disk space, power ...)
- Automation of Checks and having a view on what good monitoring looks like.
3. Requests and incidents management
Individual is in charge of managing requests and incidents and performing changes to applications, together with functional support and relevant parties as needed to assist in operations. This includes:
- Incident management including incident root causes investigations
- Performing necessary resolution actions (e.g. launch tools or recovery commands such as manual recovery, resource reconfiguration, copy files, backup, stop / start of processes, etc)
- Management of and response to user requests - Documenting incidents and updating procedures
4. Knowledge of the team application perimeter (Not an exhaustive list):
- eBonds: Jetstream Bonds, ION [these are FI priorities]
- eIRD: Jetstream IRD, T2G, ION, Markitwire, Catalyst Rates [these are FI priorities]
- eFX : Jetstream FX
Sales systems: OMEGA, Catalyst Research, Oreca, Algomi
Contribution systems: RMDS, ARTS
Connectivity: Market Access Gateways/Solace/ION Platforms/RMDS Platforms
Reuters clients (Reuters Dealing, Reuters Eikon)
Brokers standalone (BGC, Brokertec, Todeal, Factset, Marketmap, Tradition, Marketaxess, Tradeweb,…)
Auction systems (BANK OF AUSTRIA: ADAS, BANK OF GERMANY: BUNDESBANK, Banque de France: Telma / Telsat, SOFTSOLUTIONS)
Market protocols (LIFFE EUREX EURONEXT LES)
5. Knowledge - Ticketing Systems Used
Calitrack, HPSC, HPOMI, Artemis Sharepoint, Wiki, confluence
Skill Set Required:
- Degree holder in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience on production support for trading systems as well as in supporting a live cap market environment
- Basic understanding of financial markets and products
Other must have skills:
- Experience supporting trading and sales applications
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes
- Good knowledge of Windows Server and IIS
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Good documentation skills
Talan’s offices are located near Union Square, right in the center of Manhattan.
Our company benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- 3 to 5 weeks of paid vacation per year according to seniority
- 5 sick days and 2 personal days
- Eight paid holidays
- Company health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Other benefits such as transit benefits, FSA and perks