We're currently looking for a Senior Ruby Developer
(ideally Full-stack with a strong Back-end experience) to join a tech educational startup CareerFoundry
who would build, maintain and take ownership of the entire stack (including the home and course pages as well as the learning management system and the backend systems).
We care strongly about code quality, write tests and enjoy pair-programming. You will also work closely with the Product team, having a real impact on the final decisions.
More about the stack:
- Ruby on Rails
- Heroku as a service platform
- React (not required, you can learn on the go)
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience with Ruby,
- TDD/BDD with RSpec is the only way you write code and you are comfortable teaching junior developers best testing practices,
- You know your way around GitHub, Heroku, and have server administration/DevOps, and strong troubleshooting skills
- Fluency in English (German not required),
- You enjoy working in a small, agile team.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Jekyll or other static site generators
- Experience building applications with Preact or React, Redux
What we offer:
- Competitive salary (60k - 70k EUR) + equity shares,
- Flexible working times and working-from-home days,
- A yearly education budget for each employee to learn new skills,
- Free access to the CareerFoundry courses,
- All the benefits of German health insurance and other social security,
- An optional company retirement insurance plan,
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support if needed.
Sounds good? Let's talk!