Do you know your way around algorithms and data structures? Do you have experience with Perl, Ruby or Python? Be a search engine developer at StudyPortals and shape the worldwide study-choice market!Job description
The technology powering StudyPortals’ platform is based on object-oriented PHP. Virtually all of our systems have been developed in-house. We are currently transitioning into a service-oriented architecture, powered by our own RESTful API. In parallel, we are scaling our infrastructure out into AWS to get the maximum benefit out of the large variety of infrastructure-as-a-service approaches currently offered.
As search engine developer on our team, you will play an important role in further developing our search algorithm using cloud services. The search platform consists of multiple distributed components such as search engine, search sub-functions (autocomplete, related words), and search API for front-end.
You will work in a multidisciplinary scrum team of about five people, taking input from our graphic designers, UX designers, and our Student- and University Value teams to realize the best implementations possible.
If that sounds like your kind of challenge, we'll be waiting for your application!Requirements
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- You have a good understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- You know your way around a (My)SQL database.
- You have design or development experience using search engine or large-scale distributed systems.
- You have web RESTful API development experience.
- You're comfortable with mathematics and statistics.
- You're comfortable with collaboration, open communication, and reaching across functional borders as part of your day-to-day work.
- You communicate clearly in fluent written and spoken English.
- You have ambition, energy, and an entrepreneurial drive.
- You work well independently and as part a team (and are fun to work with).