A Rakuten-owned company, Fits Me helps clothing brands and retailers meet their most pressing challenge: the need to know their shoppers on an individual basis. Combined with other retail data, Fits Me’s detailed consumer measurements and fit preference insights help retailers and brands create personalized brand experiences at every customer touchpoint, and to address challenges across their business.
We are globally present in UK, Estonia, US, and Japan. Fuelled by the scale of Rakuten, the 4th biggest e-commerce concern in the world, we get results on all continents. 50% of our human resource is invested in engineering and data science—we really treasure our tandem of experienced engineers in all domains.Are you the Senior Software Engineer we're looking for?
In this role, you will develop and maintain software to enhance and support Fits Me’s products and business. As a senior member of an agile team, you'll work with a range of technologies, covering the full back-end to front-end stack.
Joining Fits Me offers you opportunities for significant personal growth at a technology company in one of the hottest e-commerce sectors. In our supportive environment, you'll be highly autonomous and able to directly influence key decisions. If that sounds good to you, join us in Tallinn!How we'd like you to help us:
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- Understand current system capabilities and development areas and produce code to support future growth and ease of use
- Stay aware of technology trends and recommend tools, technologies, and approaches to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the engineering team
- Ensure delivery of applications and technical design specifications to an expert level while meeting project deadlines
- Be an active member of the agile development team, participating in its processes and seeking to continuously improve them
- Mentor more junior members of the team as required
- Communicate with all members of the Fits Me team, technical and non-technical, to ensure that software is fit for purpose and meets business requirements
Compensation and perks
- A solid academic background and a relevant degree
- Demonstrable experience in a commercial development environment
- Considerable experience with OOP and n-tier systems design and development methodology
- Excellent knowledge of web development technologies and principles, including ASP.Net, MVC, HTML, and CSS
- Considerable experience in C# development (ideally, .NET 4.5 and above)
- Excellent knowledge of relational database design and SQL development (preferably MS TSQL), including stored procedures
- Expert understanding of REST and SOA principles
- Experience with Visual Studio and source control systems
- Experience with continuous delivery principles and technologies, preferably TeamCity and Octopus Deploy
- Fluent English
- You'll get a competitive salary package.
- At Fits Me, you'll find a startup atmosphere and pace combined with the security of being backed by a large investor.
- You'll work alongside a friendly, hardworking international team of passionate people.