About our company
The American software company
that helps millions of users to be protected on the Internet. The
company was founded in 2005 and its headquarter is Mountain View, USA.
In 2013, Forbes magazine named the company as the sixth most promising
company in America. Love what you do - our main message, because for
each of us it is very important to feel safe :)
The company's product is an
application that provides network security. It is based on VPN
technology, virtual private network, which encrypts the information that
is transmitted through it. Every day, 250,000 people download this app.
According to the American world-renowned research company - our company
is on 33th place among the largest Internet services in the world.
Now we are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer –HTTP/S, TCP/IP in Moskow and Tomsk offices.
Key skills: Linux, C / C++, network, protocols, upper-intermediate English
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer - HTTP/S, TCP/IP who
has expertise in C programming to become part of our talented team of
engineers to improve performance and reliability of HotSpotShield. The
position requires proficiency with multi-threaded server software, HTTP
proxies, software packaging and deployment to production environment.
This is a real-time environment where changes immediately impact
millions of people.
- Senior Software Engineer with 3+ years of Linux / Unix software development in C; including HTTP servers/proxies
- Experience working with RHEL, CentOS, Debian
- Senior Software Engineer with hands-on experience with developing modules for popular proxy servers (Apache, Nginx is preferred)
- Knowledge of Internet application protocols by heart. Such as HTTP, DNS, SSL, SMTP, IMAP, and POP3
- Strong TCP/IP socket programming, multi-threaded and event-driven software development experience
- Knowledge of scripting languages,
content retrieval process (headers, cookies, etc.).
- Experience with MySQL and/or Postgres
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting and performance-tuning skills
Preferable Job Qualifications:
- Prior or current involvement in open-source projects
- Maintainer for one or more packages in Fedora or Debian projec
- Contribute to design and development of new networking features and feature enhancements for existing software
- Communicate effectively with peers to highlight and clarify software design requirements
- Experiment with new open source technologies that would improve stability and performance of our server infrastructure
- Work closely with the development team to scope the problem, investigate, and design a solution that meets product requirements
- Be responsible for all aspects of software development including design, coding, testing, and debugging