This is an opening for SQL Server Application DBA. The job outline is 70% into SQL Server Performance Tuning and Development & 30% into SQL Server Administration.
• Ability to handle the database environment as an individual contributor for designing and troubleshooting
• Ability to diagnose server reliability, performance issues and fine tune those issues starting from Index level, Table level and Database level.
• Identify performance problems on servers experiencing bottlenecks
• Ability to plan activities like Installation, Upgradation (In-Place, Side by Side), Service Packs, Patches (QFE, CU & GDR), configuration settings in SQL Server and also handled with missing .msi & .msp files. Database Migrations.
• Create databases and database objects and should have worked in Transact-SQL, like creating stored procedures, views, functions (UDF), Triggers and writing Ad-hoc queries for project maintenance.
• Create Schema, Synonym, Sequence, Assembly and CLR based on the requirements.
• Implementation of SQL Logins, Users and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of Clients
• Configure SQL Jobs and SQL Auditing from login to user level changes.
• Designing and monitoring of comprehensive Backup plan and recovery strategies
• 8 to 10 years of SQL Server Experience
• Good Understanding in SQL Server Wait_info/ Wait_Types
• Good knowledge in Encryption, encrypting the data from Column level, table level and Database level by knowing AES, TDE and CLE
• Microsoft certifications (70-461 Development & 70-462 Administration)
• Experience in SQL Server Disaster Recovery and High Availability setups
• Experiences in Data warehousing using SSAS / SSIS / SSRS for OLTP and OLAP will be an added advantage