Working in one of the largest international Internet employers headquartered in Asia, your work has an impact on what we do around the globe. Work on tough challenges and grow your career.Job description
Our infrastructure team in Bangkok is searching for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer (Linux) who has a passion for systems automation and who lives and breathes DevOps culture. We are looking for someone to help us continue to build on one of the biggest Openstack Private Clouds globally. Ideally they love to solve scaling infrastructure with open source technology, and may even contribute themselves!
- At least 5+ years in systems engineering.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or any field
- Technical experience in:
- Linux (CentOS/RH preferred)
- Configuration Management (eg. Ansible, Puppet and Salt Stack)
- Scripting with bash, python
- Database development/administration. Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch or Cassandra would be beneficial). Knowledge of caching.
- General Networking (switches, routing, firewalls).
- Monitoring/Alerting/Logging Services (Sensu, Nagios, logstash, graphite, grafana, kibana)
- Understanding of Auth/Directory services
- Understanding of Storage Concepts
- Virtualisation (KVM is preferred).
- Containers (Docker)
- Experienced in scripting such as Bash, Python, Powershell etc.
- Experience working with large and dynamic server farms, preferably in the e-commerce space.
- Knowledge of OpenStack operation and its API’s is advantageous
- Experience collaborating with developers and operations in DevOps enabled environments.
- Experience working in a large enterprise organization and dynamic environment.
- Development experience in python or ruby is desirable
- Able to work under pressure and deliver projects on time.
- Self-motivated, approachable, and adaptable and have excellent communication skills (both strong written and verbal English is a must).
- A strong desire to learn.
- The desire to keep up with the latest technologies and stay ahead of the curve.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills; a good sense of humor is always a plus.
- Mindset of a team player.