What's in it for you at SnappCar?
Did you know that the average car stands still for about 90% of its lifetime? Just imagine the space and resources that are being wasted! Joining SnappCar’s mission will be an adventure and life changing experience. Why? Because we're making an impact on the world through changing mobility from car ownership to car sharing. How? By providing a fully reliable and user-friendly car sharing marketplace. In other words, a community in which thousands of car owners can easily and safely rent out their cars to other people in the neighbourhood.
And it’s working! SnappCar is a rapidly growing start-up on its way to becoming the leading car sharing community in Europe. Our ambitious mission: reduce the amount of cars on the road in Europe by 5 million cars in 2022. That's why we're coming to work every day. A bold goal, yes. But definitely achievable!
At SnappCar you'll be working in an amazingly creative, energetic and international environment. Our team members take great pride in what they do and strive to become the best in their area of expertise such as Development, (Online) Marketing and Community Support. We all work hard and play by our core values:
self-propellingness ... dare2choose ... be brutally honest ... think opposite & stay foolish!
What we like you to do
At SnappCar a job title is not considered the definition of who you are, but just a starting point. You will get the opportunity to stretch yourself. As a designer in our product team you'll be a key part of the idea generation process, working in a start-up and a team where everybody takes full ownership of their part of our platform.
We are looking for a User Experience Designer with exceptional design experience to develop smart looking, functional and engaging mobile and web user experiences. You'll be working on the iterative improvements we make as part of our high-speed release cycles, as well as looking ahead and conceptualizing broader changes. You'll work with developers, product owners and our marketing team to conceive, analyse & test your ideas.
You are excited to design native iOS and Android applications that reach out to all our SnappCar users. You excel in solving problems that today's mobile users face by focusing on their needs and designing a mobile experience tailored to that. You are familiar with the state of the art in (mobile) app design and you are up-to-date with the latest trends and emerging new user interface patterns. Your portfolio is a collection of stories that shows your enthusiasm and dedication but also shows that you are not afraid to make mistakes and learn from them. You can discuss with enthusiasm and regret... Because you’re always getting better at what you do and you’re never satisfied with "good enough".
What's your focus
- Designing the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and mobile applications;
- Directing the visual design of the web and mobile applications;
- Developing conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes;
- Developing and maintaining detailed user-interface specifications;
- Designing how the product feels: using wireframes, site maps and storyboards to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas;
- Understanding friction points in our products and processes, lots of user testing;
- Learning from the above and creating design solutions to overcome them, primarily user interfaces, testing of solutions (A/B testing, interviews, focus groups, other methods);
- Actively reaching out to users to understand what we can and need to do and motivate design solutions, learn what we don't know and create solutions for problems we have not yet identified;
- Translating business requirements into use cases and high-level customer experience requirements;
- Being data-driven, testing what works and what doesn't and translate into design solutions;
- Designing the layout of the SnappCar platform; ensuring that SnappCar’s cultural identity is integrated into every nook and cranny;
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
What you bring to the table
- 5+ years as a UX designer working on a big scale (> 250K users per month);
- You understand the value of a great UX and are willing to walk the extra mile in order to deliver that to our users;
- You believe form follows function. The product has has to look pretty but above everything else it has to solve an actual problem for the user and has to work really (we mean REALLY) good;
- Experience with design tools like Invision, Zeplin, Sketch, Photoshop, etc.;
- Experience with prototyping tools like FramerJS, Wem.io, Proto.io, etc.;
- You know what an “algorithm” is and how you can communicate it to others;
- You understand how to value and interpret qualitative user feedback (Hotjar, Surveymonkey, etc.) and know how to get and use quantitative data (Google Analytics, Excel, SQL, etc.) to support it. You know what a “pivot table” is and are able to use it;
- You love the Lean Startup and Agile/SCRUM process and thrive working in such an environment;
- Someone who thinks horizontally and bottom-up. We are a flat organization and strongly believe in leadership instead of management;
- And last but not least… You must be ready to conquer Europe with us. We are changing the current market as we are scaling up!
What we offer you
- Being part of an amazing scale-up and making an actual impact on the world;
- working in an international team with a bunch of very creative and driven colleagues from over 10 different nationalities;
- a well-equipped HQ in the centre of Utrecht and offices in Berlin, Stockholm and Copenhagen;
- a good salary plus 8% holiday pay;
- unlimited vacation days so you can relax in between all your hard work;
- flexible working hours because we believe in a good work-life balance;
- all the tooling and other stuff you need to be successful such as a laptop / MacBook and extra screens;
- travel & business expenses so you can actually get to the office and go places;
- free rides (SnappCar credits) and you get to drive our SnappTesla Model S;
- delicious daily lunches & free drinks;
- bootcamp and pilates classes for a healthy body and mind;
- hoverboard lessons from our fast-paced CEO ;)
- lots of fun, teambuilding and celebrating successes together!
What's that? Are you in?
Is it really you we've described just now? Awesome! Send us your CV, motivation and some of your best work and convince us! If you've found this vacancy through other media, please apply directly via our jobpage SnappJobs. That's the best and safest way. Any questions upfront? Feel free to mail Femke de la Reza via firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to answer you!