As a senior web developer you will be expected to have 8+ years of relevant industry experience solving complex problems, leading teams and building high quality, large scale web relevant software.
You must have a solution oriented mindset and are always looking for the absolute best solutions to solve problems, and are even more productive in a collaborative team environment. In this role it’s essential to be a team player; we succeed because we catch and support each other in our work. In your day to day operations you must appreciate receiving feedback on your work because you know it’ll make you even better at your job and at the same time you will be comfortable assisting your teammates by doing the same.
Your responsibilities core will include developing and maintaining web applications, and troubleshooting existing web applications. Our tech stack predominantly consists of Ruby on Rails, nginx, PostgreSQL, Redis with Linode as the host – production/professional experience with any of these technologies will be a big plus.
- Develop interactive, stable, high quality web applications through the use of HTML/HTML5, CSS3, jQuery and Ruby on Rails for all web mediums;
- Work closely in functional scrum units to execute the vision of the business leaders in terms of functionality and user experience;
- Provide solutions, develop and maintains websites, and other related internal and external activities;
- Helps develop IT requirements for web applications including overall tech strategy for the company;
- Responds rapidly to continuous changes and real-time updates required to web sites;
- Conduct internal trainings & knowledge sharing regularly;
- Mentor junior developers to increase their code quality and productivity.
- 8+ years of experience with your favourite language(s) – doesn’t have to be Ruby based;
- Understand current web development standards & software development paradigms;
- Proven track record of successfully delivering high quality web software at scale;
- Strong interpersonal, communications and presentation skills;
- Good understanding of program/project management techniques and styles;
- Multi-task oriented and very well organised;
- Proficient analytical skills;
- Excellent root cause analysis problem solving skills;
- Experience managing team of 3-5 members;
- Works well under pressure developing key features for high volume business critical financial systems.