As a part of Sony Computer Entertainment, Gaikai is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device, from TVs to consoles to mobile devices and beyond.
Our SRE's focus is on three things: overall ownership of production, production code quality, and deployments.
The succesfull candidate, will be self-directed and able to participate in the decision making process at various levels.
We expect our SREs to have opinions on the state of our service, and provide critical feedback during various phases of the operational lifecycle. We are engaged throughout the S/W development lifecycle, ensuing the operational readiness and stability of our service.
- Minimum of 5+ years working experience in Software Development and/or Linux Systems Administration role.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Available to participate in a scheduled on-call rotation.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Skills & Knowledge
- Proficient as a Linux Production Systems Engineer, with experience managing large scale Web Services infrastructure.
- Development experience in one or more of the following programming languages:
- Python (preferred)
- Bash, Java, Node.js, C++ or Ruby
- In addition, experience with one or more of the following:
- NoSQL at scale (eg Hadoop, Mongo clusters, and/or sharded Redis)
- Event Aggregation technologies. (eg. ElasticSearch)
- Monitoring & Alerting, and Incident Management toolsets
- Virtual infrastructure (deployment and management) at scale
- Release Engineering (Package management and distribution at scale)
- S/W Performance analysis and load testing (QA or SDET experience: a plus)