Instacart is building the best way for people to shop for groceries.
About the job:
Instacart is building the best way for people to shop for groceries. Whether on mobile or the web, you can order groceries and have them delivered to your doorstep in minutes. You can choose from a variety of stores like Whole Foods and Costco, as well as local grocers, and able to mix items from multiple stores into one order.
Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical. Join us!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Building and maintaining Instacart’s core infrastructure
- Enabling both our customers and Instacart’s Engineering team with highly available services
What You Should Already Have
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrable projects and results from 2+ years of relevant experience
- Extensive experience with AWS - EC2/Route53/RDS/IAM/ElastiCache
- Familiarity with a variety of monitoring solutions
- Shell scripting experience -- familiarity with Ruby or Python a plus
- Sense of strong security policies and practices
- Past experience implementing enterprise configuration management (Ansible/Salt/etc.)
- Superior analytical skills and a strong sense of ownership in your work
- Comfortable working both alone and in teams of various sizes
- Self-motivated drive to build, launch and iterate on products under pressure
What We’ll Set You Up With
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage
- Laptop and peripherals of your choice
- A smorgasbord of food while you work
- A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a work experience
- An incredible team of hackers and hustlers
In your application, please include a short note about your background and interests. Include your Github username and/or links to any projects that represent your skill set.