Do you possess a love for the art of software development?
Have you worked as a developer for more than 2 years?
A Software Developer is being sought for by a global financial administration solutions provider. The company has been providing third party administration services for over 15 years, building solutions which leverage people, process and technology.
The Software Developer will be responsible for development of a suite of applications related to financial reporting, trading, accounting, messaging, and integration with the following responsibilities:
- Working on business layer components of the applications.
- Producing clean and sustainable code within the agreed timeframes, budgets and quality levels.
- Maintaining version control and producing standard documentation for new code and successive updates.
- Unit testing all produced code and delivering same for UAT and handling the change management cycle until the new code is released to the production environment.
- Participating in code reviews with the team
- Conducting meetings and actively corresponding with users to clearly define and document requirements, accurately determine effort in terms of time and resources.
- Suggesting improvements that could improve operational efficiencies and guiding users whenever requirements do not meet security, quality or performance standards.
- Producing regular reports on matters relating to open issues and developments in the pipeline.
- Contributing to the continuous development of the team to ensure improvement and increased efficiency.
- 2 years or more working experience in a similar role in the realm of java and web application development, ideally within a financial organisation
- Experience with java frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate
The following will be considered favorably:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or equivalent
- A strong understanding of source code version control systems with GIT experience
- Experience in creating Restful Web Services
The role functions within a team of experienced developers who are constantly improving what and how the work is done. A salary package commensurate to experience and qualifications will be offered to the selected candidate.
Kindly apply through our website: https://people.com.mt/job-centre/software-developer-63661