At Affirm we believe the financial industry is fundamentally broken. Not only is the core infrastructure built with technology from the 1970s, but there are a dwindling number of people who say "I trust my bank to look out for me". It doesn’t have to be this way, and it’s our mission to fix this problem. We are using technology to re-imagine and re-build core parts of financial infrastructure to enable cheaper, friendlier and more transparent financial products and services that improve lives. We are based in San Francisco; founded by Max Levchin (founding CTO PayPal), Jeff Kaditz (CDO DeNA/ngmoco), and Nathan Gettings (founding CTO of Palantir); and looking for exceptionally talented and passionate people to join us on our mission.
Affirm is committed to building lasting partnerships with online merchants and developing a technical infrastructure that will allow us to scale rapidly. We are seeking extraordinary software engineers who are passionate about building internal and external solutions to service our business partners. This role requires the technical chops of a full time software engineer and strong communication skills to support merchant integrations with Affirm’s API (docs.affirm.com). Partner Engineers are a part of the engineering team and work closely with Affirm’s Account Management, Business Development, and Product teams.
- Provide enterprise partners with dedicated support to implement custom solutions with our API.
- Collaborate with platform engineering to design & implement APIs for the support of our enterprise partners.
- Work with Sales & Account Management teams to provide technical sales & integration support for strategic partners.
- Collaborate with product design team to prototype and build merchant portals, tools, & dashboards. eg. internal CRM, Salesforce API integration, external Merchant Portal.
- Build dashboards & tools for Affirm analysts, merchant support, and other internal teams to integrate partner data & performance with all parts of our internal systems.
- Build and maintain platform extensions for ecommerce solutions (Magento, Spree, Shopify, etc.)
- Troubleshoot technical issues and develop processes to manage partners at scale.
- Experience integrating UX elements w/ backend services, frameworks, and 3rd party developer APIs.
- Experience building web applications used by millions of people
- Experience with WSGI frameworks like Flask
- Action-oriented with excellent organizational, project management, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, work independently, and drive projects to completion with minimum guidance.
- Experience developing in Python, Node.js, PHP, C/C++, or Java
- Mobile development
- Developer API development & documentation
- AWS or other PaaS frameworks
- Related industry experience with a background in technology and e-commerce merchant platforms.
- Experience providing high touch support to ecommerce merchant partners.
- Experience with Magento, Spree, Shopify, or other large ecommerce platforms.