Agoda.com is one of the largest online hotel and accommodation platforms in the world. As a Priceline Group company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. Offering over 700,000 properties in 197 different destinations in 38 languages, our globe-spanning network of travel experts is at the cutting edge of an industry that is rapidly transforming the way the world travels.
Technology is not just what we do—it’s at the heart of who we are. From IT professionals managing hundreds of millions of data points to market managers building relationships with hotels to PR specialists networking with media around the globe, Agoda.com delivers an exciting, fast-paced environment in every one of our 36 locations worldwide.
Our workforce of over 1,800 comprises 64 nationalities and is truly one of our biggest strengths. We pride ourselves on a dynamic, workplace where creativity thrives and collaboration is key. A positive, enjoyable culture where people work hard but smile often is what keeps our team spirit high, and we encourage communication to be open, frequent, and constructive.
We choose people who are dedicated to making things great, who are able to push boundaries, and who understand that cutting-edge products come from cutting-edge ideas. Our industry moves fast, and so must we—but we have a great time doing it.
Journey with us.Are you the Software Engineer (Search Expert) we're looking for?
Do you have experience within Text Search, NLP, ElasticSearch/Solr/Lucene and associated technologies? If so, you could be the perfect addition to our team.
What are we looking to do? We're planning to create the best text search platform in the world within our industry.
Right now we and our competitors provide fairly basic functionality leveraging ElasticSearch for geographic lookups. We have a plan to extend this significantly and become the world’s best for this kind of work.
What we have so far: a roadmap, an end goal, and a very excited product manager. What we don’t have: a technical lead/visionary. What we are looking for, therefore, is somebody with the passion and the skills to take this project to the next level.
We're looking for someone with the proficiency to write custom analyzers, scorers, filters, etc. Our investment in text search, accuracy and what we can do with it is not going to go away—this is something we want to invest years into. We see this as a real opportunity to do something nobody else is doing, leading to huge conversion gains.
This would be a significant part of our website and we need someone of your caliber to make it happen.
If this sounds like a job for you, get in touch and let's do this!What we'd like to see in the candidate:
Compensation and perks
- You have experience within Text Search, NLP, ElasticSearch/Solr/Lucene and associated technologies.
- Your package will include a competitive salary, private medical insurance, a pension fund, and a hotel discount scheme.
- We are happy to receive applications from both international and local candidates and offer visa sponsorship for eligible candidates.
- We offer a full relocation package for you and your family (including flights, a 20ft container, pet relocation, and 1 month's free accommodation).
- You'll enjoy our quarterly drinks, annual parties, and monthly social activities.
- We have have a casual dress code in our offices in one of the most desirable locations in Bangkok.