You will be part of a team that offers UI
implementation expertise to development teams across R&A projects.
Projects are highly varied and can range from specialised risk
management applications for front-office staff to regulatory dashboards
to specialised data visualisation applications. Applications need to
be coded to a very high standard with developers having expert
knowledge of creating high-performance applications, able to display
large volumes of data and developed to run on a scalable, global
An established R&A UX design team work closely with users and
technology teams to develop design solutions. You will then be
responsible for implementing these designs either as prototypes or as
fully deployed applications. The UIs to be built will follow the
strategic technology stack and standards using Typescript and
Angular.js within the constraints of a flexible design language.
- Experience of taking a high resolution design
(Photoshop or Illustrator files) and implementing them in HTML5 / CSS /
- Experience of developing responsive applications targeting multiple screen dimensions and multiple devices.
- Experience of D3.js or similar data visualisation libraries
- DOM Operations optimization, related design principles, avoiding reflows and repaints
- CSS Expert: Including selectors, transitions, different box models and display styles
- Asynchronous operations and patterns to deal with those (mostly details of promises patterns)
- Client – Server communication, REST services, real time communication using web sockets, cross origin policy
- Writing Unit testing and testable code e.g Karma
- Practical knowledge of CSS pre-processors like SASS/LESS etc
- Practical knowledge of popular development tools like npm, grunt, gulp, karma, jspm etc.
- Masters or Degree in a technical discipline
- Knowledge of working with UX teams and designers.
- Experience of working in a Financial organisation or awareness of financial concepts
- Experience of DevOps environments and platforms (git, TeamCity etc)
- Familiarity with an Agile approach to development.